Can men and women be "just friends"?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have always had a lot of friends who are men that I consider "just friends". I was just reading the following:

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”

It’s an old quote that’s revisited by Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally -- there’s no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman. The man is usually consumed with the idea of sleeping with her. It’s a belief widely acknowledged by men, but rarely accepted by women. Remember that. Movie and dinner nights might mean one thing to you, but she certainly doesn’t view it as a precursor to intercourse.

What do you all think? In your opinion, is it possible to be just friends?

bbsam

Staff member
I have always had a lot of friends who are men that I consider "just friends". I was just reading the following:

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”

It’s an old quote that’s revisited by Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally -- there’s no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman. The man is usually consumed with the idea of sleeping with her. It’s a belief widely acknowledged by men, but rarely accepted by women. Remember that. Movie and dinner nights might mean one thing to you, but she certainly doesn’t view it as a precursor to intercourse.

What do you all think? In your opinion, is it possible to be just friends?
Mostly no. I think one or the other will always have the impression that it is more than it is. Jealousy and hurt feelings begin to fester and the friendship fades or occasionally explodes. So for a time, yeah, but probably not lasting.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you really believe they see you as "just a friend"? Nothing is more maddening than being permanently placed in the "friend zone". Women are evil.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Some of my closest friends are men...yes anything's possible...even if the idea of them nailing you is in their heads somewhere. Or my own head sometimes..lol. Still wouldn't trade them for the world....:)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah men and women can be friends, but that don't mean that we don't want to bang them too. Me personally im a horndog can never get enough, and lets be honest if your married men don't never get it enough like they would like too. Sorry don't mean to sound like a jerk on that last statement but just true, us men are like dogs, eating and getting our rocks off are our 2 favorite things to do. Ill man up on this one and be truthful about it lmfao.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If they look like this, then yes, just friends. Not even a hug.

Capture43-300x258.png

Yeah men and women can be friends, but that don't mean that we don't want to bang them too. Me personally im a horndog can never get enough, and lets be honest if your married men don't never get it enough like they would like too. Sorry don't mean to sound like a jerk on that last statement but just true, us men are like dogs, eating and getting our rocks off are our 2 favorite things to do. Ill man up on this one and be truthful about it lmfao.
Im friends with mrs Jump. and I never ever,think about her big boobies. or seeing her naked.
Lmao