Can my supervisor really do this?

upser92

My supervisor lately has had it out for me and as a loader for 2 years I have the most seniority on my belt. Anyways he's mad because he doesn't like the fact I use that to get the most hours so what he does is and I'm not joking, he starts me at 11 and the rest of the belt at 11:01 so I can't stay later than any of them. He says because I started "earlier" I can't use my seniority. This can't be right can it?

upser92

Nope. If nothing else, it's not in the spirit of the agreement. Grieve it.

Thank you! Really this has been driving me crazy and I planned on going to the union steward tonight. I'll let most stuff fly but come on this is just being a total d*** in my opinion. To go out of your way to kick me off the clock just cause you don't like me is stupid

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you grieve it go back to the date that he first started doing that and request that you get paid for whomever worked the most hours on each and every day between that date and the date you file the grievance.

barnyard

KTM rider
and do not, repeat, DO NOT take it personally. It is a purely business decision. If any of them try and make it personal, shrug it off and remind them of the contract. All you want to do is follow the contract.

upser92

and do not, repeat, DO NOT take it personally. It is a purely business decision. If any of them try and make it personal, shrug it off and remind them of the contract. All you want to do is follow the contract.

It is slightly personal, this guy has voiced many times that I do not deserve the hours over guys with less seniority and that seniority as a whole is bs. Thanks for all the help folks, it helps with a company like this

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It is slightly personal, this guy has voiced many times that I do not deserve the hours over guys with less seniority and that seniority as a whole is bs. Thanks for all the help folks, it helps with a company like this
When you file your grievance be sure to put his statements in writing in the grievance. He is signing your grievance pay by saying crap like that. SERIOUSLY

PS - Be sure to put his name to his statements.

Cementups

Box Monkey
with seniority you don't deserve more hours!??!?! That's the most retarded thing I have ever heard. If you have the most seniority then the opportunity to get more hours should be yours first.

BCFan

When you file your grievance be sure to put his statements in writing in the grievance. He is signing your grievance pay by saying crap like that. SERIOUSLY

PS - Be sure to put his name to his statements.

such as " on (this day) the company through its agent (supervisor name ) did willfully violate the contract and my seniority by............. BC

upser92

with seniority you don't deserve more hours!??!?! That's the most retarded thing I have ever heard. If you have the most seniority then the opportunity to get more hours should be yours first.

Well it's because I'm not killing myself like some of the newer guys. I mean I'm not covered in sweat and dead after my shift like some of them. But bottomline is seniority rules