Can she ruin chances with UPS in the future?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSSeasonalWorker, Dec 7, 2014.

1. UPSSeasonalWorker

UPSSeasonalWorker New Member

My sister has a seasonal ups job. However she wants to leave because of a situation. I told her she should give them 2 weeks notice. But she doesn't thinks he has to. If she leaves on the spur of the moment from her seasonal ups job, will she ruin her chances of getting a corporate job down the line? She helps deliver packages now.
  2. upsmaninmi

upsmaninmi Member

A corporate job? Haha
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

She wants to work for Corporate yet doesn't feel she should give two weeks notice for what I'm sure she feels is a menial job?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. UPSSeasonalWorker

The chances are slim to get a corporate job?
  5. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Does she have a degree? Or atleast a rainbow ball cap with a propeller on top?
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

You should remind her that there is part of the application that asks ' if you have ever worked for ups before' and it's something you should be very truthful about ( and if you get that far, it has a morals clause I believe also) .

In short, yes you better give two weeks. You also have to account for that gap in your work history.
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask any new hire that's worked in corporate, I'm sure a majority of them consider their job seasonal, a stepping stone if you will.
  8. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

My son was a pt sup 4 years and when Mr new jersey came down and screwed up the situation he walked out and was put on the no re hire list. He was one of the best sups. They ever had.
  9. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

:bpotd:Made me laugh out loud.
  10. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Tell us about " the situation".

Sent using a Potato
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  11. UPSSeasonalWorker

Thanks for the feedback. I talked her into sticking the next three weeks out.
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Your sister doesn't care enough to ask the question herself...let her quit. Just another seasonal...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. GeaugaDog

GeaugaDog New Member

No offense but with an attitude like hers how is she going to act when dealing with situations in a job at corporate? If she has the ability to give the notice then she should do it. More importantly she should be the one asking this question like someone else said. Seems like she doesn't care too much either way if she wasn't even willing to ask the question on her own.
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We need pictures.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Tell her she's an idiot.
  17. I wouldn't hire her. If she can't show her previous employer the courtesy of two weeks, what is she going to be like when I need her?
  18. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny