Can sirius radio be hooked up to a portable radio?

Michele

My husband lives and breathes the Opie and Jimmy Show. It was formally O &A. HIs birthday is tomorrow. :) What can I buy that would work in the UPS truck to get satelite radio?
Please help.
You all work so hard to not have some entertainment.

9.5er

I used a portable radio with XM on it for a short time. The antenna was crap and lost signal nearly every time I turned the truck. I installed it into my personal vehicle properly and it works fine. I now use an Ipod and Bluetooth speaker in the UPS truck.

Savvy412

I listen to opie and jimmy every morning.

I just put my iphone in my cupholder. (it creates a speaker effect) my truck is kind of quiet though.. But just buy a bluetooth portable speaker..then just pay sirius for his phone (12-15 a month) and done deal.

Also..I have a portable cell phone charger. Because it will kill his battery super fast. This way he can keep a charged phone. i actually have 2 of them.

this or anything like this will work

if not a mini blue tooth speaker..any type of speaker (boombox) with a AUX cord will do the trick

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I added XM to my portable am/fm/cb box in my tractor when XM first came out. The antennae can be problematical. I ran mine outside and stuck the magnet to the bolt on top of my mirror bracket. The wire is oh so thin, however. Don't want to pinch it.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I use something similar to this. Strap it on the dash and listen to tunes all day long
subx1.jpg

Keenj

XM always had the cool portable stuff. The MyFi would have been good for this but I don't know if it works after the merger went through. I cancelled my sub after Anthony was fired and pay for his show now instead.

BostonBo

I would get the phone app, and get a small rechargeable speaker, and a couple of charging tubes. I bring 3 tubes to work: 1 or 2 for the speaker, and 1 for the phone if I'm out past 10 hours or have had to use the gps function. Btw, Howard Stern is 50 times better!