Can someone decipher this daily recap?

stoliohranj

This was my first week on road in a package car. Thursday was my first day out solo. My sup gave me this Friday morning before I pulled out, didn't get a chance to have him explain it, not really sure what everything means. Can anyone explain it to me?

recap.jpg
Link to a higher res version: http://i.imgur.com/GG5DV.jpg
recap.jpg

rocket man

15 an hour is respectable, and if and when they ride with you . Then you do 12 stops an hour because they are in your way, Day 2 do 13 to 14 an hour if it goes right . 3rd day to 15 you improved good job

old levi's

blank space
Where the hell did the Op report go? Mod zap I guess. You were 84 hundredths over allowed meaning in a perfect world you should have finished 50.4 minutes earlier giving you a scratch day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The numbers are determined by a secret proprietary algorythm that involves 12 monkeys in a room rolling dice around in their own poop. There are other factors as well, but they are strictly confidential and only the high priests of I.E. are allowed to posess such arcane knowledge.

tourists24

The numbers are determined by a secret proprietary algorythm that involves 12 monkeys in a room rolling dice around in their own poop. There are other factors as well, but they are strictly confidential and only the high priests of I.E. are allowed to posess such arcane knowledge.
Rolling in dice in thier own poop? LOL.... Sober... you've been visualizing this stuff havent you?

UPSGUY72

They are never going to be happy not matter how many stops you do an hour so don't worry about it. Do the best you can.

The worst thing that can happen is you get a three day ride. On those days you walk everything off even the long driveways you would normally drive up.

tourists24

They are never going to be happy not matter how many stops you do an hour so don't worry about it. Do the best you can.

The worst thing that can happen is you get a three day ride. On those days you walk everything off even the long driveways you would normally drive up.
and even more important,,, do every single method and safety method you have been told you should do.... turning mirrors in... full pre trip.... exactly the way UPS wants it....

CharleyHustle

Where the hell did the Op report go? Mod zap I guess. You were 84 hundredths over allowed meaning in a perfect world you should have finished 50.4 minutes earlier giving you a scratch day.

He only had .02 am time which is the lowest on the sheet and pm time was very average, so if you believe that all his over allowed was "on road", scratch would have been around 8.88 on road time. He had 117 delivery stops and 37 pick up stops for 154 total divided by the 8.88 = 17.34sporh. So, if you actually believe any of the numbers conjured by the dice in the monkey poop, I think you can confidently tell your boss to pound sand.

Jim Kemp

Look at the first guy he ran 205 stops with 604 pkgs and 28 pick ups and its not even an 8 hour day. Who would bid on a route like that?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
tHE FIRST ROW YOU WANT TO PAY ANY ATTENTION TO IS THE ONE WHERE IT SAYS HOURS WORKED, (sorry caps) it says you worked 9.93, that what your paycheck should say. While the rest is bull I will try to explain it. The next row is am time. It said you have .02 which is virtually impossible, unless you are in a nitro funny car, the norm is .14 10 minutes equals .17. Hours are broke into 100ths, not seconds. This am time is suppose to be pulling from the dock and pretripping, filling out your dvr, and when your truck hits the road this will be am time. mgmt will tell you, that you can do this in .02 but after 28 yrs I havent been able to do that. You need to pay special attention to your tires and your lights, and any scrapes you did not put on the truck the day before.

The 9.72 is actually your on road time. Then the pm time. You should put the exact minute you park your truck to unload air, bad adds, high values etc. .12 is what they love which is the next line, but in reality, takes usually longer unless you had some day from disney.
The .44 if I read it right is your over allow. 9.01 is what some computer says you should have done it in. Very impressive I might add. And if you had put in your actual leave building time, would have been even less. your "dispatch" is measured leave building to return building. So if you had put in actual time you would have been like .30 late which is like 18 min.
then it goes to sporh, which is stops per on road hour. and 15.94 is great depending on your area. The rest is pu pieces delivery stops, air and still the most important number is to the far left total hours worked. Make sure its right.
Great job.

DS

Fenderbender
Tooner broke it all down well.I might add that you put every single thing you do that's work related in the board.
Start time to leave building time,meet points,overweights,return to building time,and the one most important part
of every day,LUNCH.Did you even take one? I've never done more than 14 stops per hour in my 21 years as a driver.

stoliohranj

Tooner broke it all down well.I might add that you put every single thing you do that's work related in the board.
Start time to leave building time,meet points,overweights,return to building time,and the one most important part
of every day,LUNCH.Did you even take one? I've never done more than 14 stops per hour in my 21 years as a driver.

I didn't take a lunch that day. I was more interested in getting off the road before dark, and didn't realize you needed to hang around at the center in the evening. I changed that on Friday. How do you record over-weights as something special?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In your delivery mode, there is a shift key, go to special counts, use arrows up and down. over 70s asds, etc.