Can someone from another center bump me from my route?

vtrommer

I bid on and won my route 2 years ago and now someone from another center has taken it away from me. Is this legit? The union was in favor of it. I am now stuck with another route. Is there anyone who has had this happen? Where can I turn? I understand if someone from the same area takes it, but have never heard of this before from another area. Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If that center is under your Teamster Local, then Yes they can.
You can also do the same thing to their center, if you have the seniority.

O

OLDMAN3

Check your local supplement.
Some will only allow bumping within your facility (with multiple centers), not the entire local.

Being bumped can end up allowing you to bump someone else off their route which may be better than yours. Find out if you were the first one bumped and your local rules.

You won't find the answers on Brown Cafe. Do your research.

Overpaid Union Thug

I bid on and won my route 2 years ago and now someone from another center has taken it away from me. Is this legit? The union was in favor of it. I am now stuck with another route. Is there anyone who has had this happen? Where can I turn? I understand if someone from the same area takes it, but have never heard of this before from another area. Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
It depends on factors such as whether or not you are in a hub. If you are not in a hub but in an extended center then it depends on how your local handles seniority. Some are on a combined seniority list and some treat every building as separate centers. We will need more info to answer your question.

My building is an extended center and we are completely separate from the hub and the other buildings in the local. We can't be bumped by people from other buildings.

mike1646

My building has 4 centers and you're only allowed to bid in your center. If a driver retires, goes to feeders, quits or gets fired then the route goes for bid building wide.

542thruNthru

It's crazy how different everyone is. In my hub there are 3 centers. You couldn't bump someone in another center no matter what. Also in my building if you bid the route and won it no one can just decide to take it from you even if their route was gone. I don't know how you guys handle it.

BrownArmy

That sucks ^^

Seniority rules, as always.

Bid time here is coming up next year - there are Centers in my Local that have so much seniority that if I bid into them, I'd be cover for years and years.

I'm cover now, only because I don't mind it, and last bid, there wasn't any route I wanted.

Some people would rather have a route, any route, but I'd rather be cover than bid a crap route.

ManInBrown

What do you mean bump you from your route? For the day, or permanent? I've never heard of such a thing. It's your route. You won the bid. How can you be bumped?

Here when you win a bid on a route it;s yours till you transfer to feeders or bid another route. Do different locals have every route go up for bid yearly? That's what it sounds like. Can someone clarify?

UPSGUY72

Is this person on the same seniority list that you are on ??? If yes then the answer is yes if no than the answer should be no ???