Can someone from another center bump me from my route?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What do you mean bump you from your route? For the day, or permanent? I've never heard of such a thing. It's your route. You won the bid. How can you be bumped?

Here when you win a bid on a route it;s yours till you transfer to feeders or bid another route. Do different locals have every route go up for bid yearly? That's what it sounds like. Can someone clarify?
I have been driving for ten years and never have seen a bid sheet. We just don't do it here. Routes are handed out based on seniority but once it's yours there's not much room for movement. I do know of other buildings near me that bid routes yearly.

vtrommer

What happened was UPS combined routes, as they often do, and this other guy lost his so he bumped me. The Union says its legit even though he's from another center, UPS said it wasn't but wasn't willing to fight the union rep on it. It was very unpopular as far as the other employees go, it makes everyone else on edge because anyone could be at risk. We are teamster local. I also have 25 years in and you think there would be a route that I wasn't out until 8 every night! Really sucks!

O

OLDMAN3

What happened was UPS combined routes, as they often do, and this other guy lost his so he bumped me. The Union says its legit even though he's from another center, UPS said it wasn't but wasn't willing to fight the union rep on it. It was very unpopular as far as the other employees go, it makes everyone else on edge because anyone could be at risk. We are teamster local. I also have 25 years in and you think there would be a route that I wasn't out until 8 every night! Really sucks!
Check your region and local supplements quickly.
There is most likely a process for bumping someone else since you were bumped, but there is probably a time limit. Tell them ASAP you want to bump. You might want to check the seniority list.
8 P.M... File a 9.5 grievance.

1000RR

In my local if you are a LAID OFF FT employee you can bump any other full timer with less seniority in the local's jurisdiction. If you work in that building for more than 30 days without being recalled by your original building, you have the right to stay and be dovetailed into the seniority list at that building. This is only for laid off full timers though. If you lose your route here only you can't bump someone from a different route in another building. It's only an alternative from going back into the hub/center.

wayfair

swollen member

are you opted in on the 9.5 list? if you're out until 8 every night and on the list, you should be making bank!

Overpaid Union Thug

In my local if you are a LAID OFF FT employee you can bump any other full timer with less seniority in the local's jurisdiction. If you work in that building for more than 30 days without being recalled by your original building, you have the right to stay and be dovetailed into the seniority list at that building. This is only for laid off full timers though. If you lose your route here only you can't bump someone from a different route in another building. It's only an alternative from going back into the hub/center.

There more I read on here about how other locals do things the more apparent it is just how much my local sucks in many regards.

iruhnman630

Im suprised there is so much variation from location to location.

Our building is 3 centers. Bidding for open routes is open to all three.

Weekly vacation and long-term vacant (ie injured driver) routes only bid within each center, although Im not sure if that is by rule or nodody wants to cover routes in other centers.

Seniority does have the right to work, although that is rarely an issue.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Just like Maninbrown said, in our building once you win a bid you are on that route until you give it up. I got lucky because I got a route that no one wanted but that I happen to love. I see 10-15 year drivers still cover driving and still crying to the on roads multiple mornings about having to drive so and so's route, or that they've never done the route. Meanwhile I just stroll over to my same truck everyday knowing exactly what to expect. So great to know that I'm locked in till I choose to leave. Glad we don't do like some of the folks on here say their buildings do. New bids every 2 years would mean my route would get snatched from me with the quickness.