Can someone give me peace of mind please!

I ordered a set of $6,000 custom forged wheels and the shipping label was created and dropped off at a UPS store. It was then scanned by UPS as received. 3 of the wheels showed up on the expected date in perfect condition while the 4th never showed. I called UPS and they stated they cant track it because its just been scanned as received by UPS and for me to contact the shipper. We did a conference call and the UPS store said all 4 wheels were picked up by UPS. 3 wheels were scanned "departed" while the one wheel continues to just say "received"- no departure scan. This is where im confused. It states its still "in transit" but with no updates or other scans!! When tracking the packages online, its says 4 packages. Is this common for 1/4 large packages to NOT ship wi th the rest?!! And if so, with no departure scan?? Its been 2 days since delivery and its still a no show. Just continues to show "in transit" with 50% green status bar. This isn't a $15 item but $1,500!!! Now my cars on a lift and was supposed to have a photo shoot tomorrow. Im beyond aggrevated. How does UPS fail to ship, lose, or delay a big wheel?!! Maybe someone in here can help me from my head exploding.
Well I can't keep your head from exploding but I can give you information to help you out....dealing with anything related to shipping via UPS is my job. Claims, overcharges, lost packages..you name it. I've become somewhat of a pro!
No, it is not unusual to have a multiple package shipment arrive incomplete.
What has happened in your case though is that 4th package isn't moving through their system. It shows a label was created and scanned received but isn't moving anywhere. That means it's lost! (keep in mind though if you aren't one of the authorized holders on the account that shipped that package, you won't see all tracking information. You will only see pick up, in transit, and delivered. The account holder, when logged into UPS.com, can track the package and see informational notes from UPS telling them if the package is lost, needs an address correction or had one done, the full address of delivery, actual signature of who it was delivered to, etc.)
First thing you need to do it have the person who created the labels (ie whoever is authorized to act on behalf of that UPS account) put a tracer on that package with UPS right now! That tracer will get UPS looking for the missing package and is also what is needed to begin a claim.
With the cost of those wheels I sure as hell hope that you declared the value of that package! Otherwise you're only going to recoup $100, as that is the amount UPS automatically insures each package for. Anything above and beyond that you have to declare value at time of shipment for it to be covered.
UPS is pretty good at getting the package traced fairly quickly, and paying claims if something happened and it's their fault. But if something happened because of insuffient packaging then you're out of luck.
Hope this helps!