Can someone help me?

sp23

First off let me suck up and say that UPS workers do an amazing job with what they do. I am having trouble with what the hell is going on with my package, I'm not a UPSer but I don't have the time in my day to talk to them by 5pm. So hopefully you guys can provide some help, I don't know where else to go.

Alrighty then, so here is the screen shot from a few hours ago. I had 3 days guaranteed shipping but I did expect that to be longer since I had some issues with payment, so it pushed over into the weekend.

Image is too large, here is a link: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1181/upsimage.jpg

I'll provide the tracking number if you need it, I'd just rather not have it open to all. I'm in the northern area of Florida. The trip from the warehouse to here is about 800 miles, I'm just wondering why none of the information has updated in awhile.

Thanks in advance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, what's the problem? It was billed/shipped on the 14th, which was Friday. You don't count the weekend. Today is the 17th and your delivery is scheduled for the 19th. Your package was sent Ground, so if you paid for 3 day shipping you need to call the shipper, not UPS.

You don't need to post the tracking number.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, nothing wrong with that. 3 days from NJ to FL ground. Can't count the 14th (manifiest/billing info), nor the weekend. Package is on time for Wednesday.

sp23

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. 3 days from NJ to FL ground. Can't count the 14th (manifiest/billing info), nor the weekend. Package is on time for Wednesday.

I was just wondering if the package was on a truck from NJ to FL over the weekend, all the sites I've looked at said they do. If so, then it wouldn't take all Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to be delivered.

sp23

The package was scanned for departure at 1am Friday morning, so I expected it to make some progress to Florida even if it wasn't being delivered over the weekend. Is there anyway to tell where it possibly is now?

Actually you can count the 14th as it received both an origin and departure from Edison, NJ, which I assume is Meadowlands, on the 14th.
The departure scan in NJ is on the 15th...a Saturday , would that not set until Monday before leaving NJ? IDK about the inner workings of large hubs.
What exactly is the origin scan, is that a physical scan inside the hub or is it the same as the pickup scan?

The package was scanned for departure at 1am Friday morning, so I expected it to make some progress to Florida even if it wasn't being delivered over the weekend. Is there anyway to tell where it possibly is now?
As I said in the other post, IDK much about the inner working of a large hub. In our center, if a package is loaded on a trailer on friday night, it goes to a hub friday night but doesn't progress anymore until monday. If I were you, I would go by what your search provided and not expect to see the package before the 19th.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The departure scan in NJ is on the 15th...a Saturday , would that not set until Monday before leaving NJ? IDK about the inner workings of large hubs.
What exactly is the origin scan, is that a physical scan inside the hub or is it the same as the pickup scan?

The origin scan is the one done at pickup. The departure scan is when it is loaded on to a trailer.

sp23

The origin scan is the one done at pickup. The departure scan is when it is loaded on to a trailer.

Okay so by Saturday at 1am it was loaded on a trailer then just sat at UPS til Monday? Or does it ship off during the weekend. I'm just trying to find out for future purposes, I know there probably isn't anything to make my package get here before Wednesday. The site says ground, I guess that's what 3 day is...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6654/upsimage2.jpg

Newegg shows more info for some reason, this confused me too. Jacksonville is close, but it's still awhile away. I always get packages late at night, lol.

iowa boy

Okay so by Saturday at 1am it was loaded on a trailer then just sat at UPS til Monday? Or does it ship off during the weekend. I'm just trying to find out for future purposes, I know there probably isn't anything to make my package get here before Wednesday. The site says ground, I guess that's what 3 day is...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6654/upsimage2.jpg

Newegg shows more info for some reason, this confused me too. Jacksonville is close, but it's still awhile away. I always get packages late at night, lol.

Sp23,

Your package was on the trailer that "outbounded" from Edison at about 1 am Sat. morning. More than likely that trailer is a direct load to Jacksonville, meaning that it will not be opened until it gets to Jacksonville. When it gets to Jacksonville either late tonight or early Tuesday, they will put an arrival scan on the trailer and unload and sort the trailer with your package on it. You "should" see more activity sometime Tuesday with regards to movement of your package. Unless it gets misloaded along the way, you should have it Wednesday before midnight.

T Princess Local 866

No trucks sit in a UPS Hub. The Feeder trucks get loaded. The drivers stand there till the truck is loaded. They then drive the trucks to the destinations. A physical scan is when a person had the package in there hand and scanned it. You won't get another scan till the truck is scanned into a building. That would be a logical scan. Logically that package was scanned into that truck. So logically when that truck get's scanned into the next Hub that package should be there. The next physical scan should be when the un loader puts the package on the conveyor. It then will get an out for del scan when the loader puts it on the package car. Like everyone said it will take 3 days for the package to get to Fla by ground. Only faster way is 2nd day air or Next day air. Even they would not "move" on the weekend.

Thanks, That is what I was thinking. It amazes me that I delivered packages for over 20 years and I don't know anymore than I do about the feeder system. specially in the hubs.
It's clear to me I can't explain this to anyone, so I best not try. Hopefully Wed will be a big day for the OP.

bluehdmc

As a NJ feeder driver and having tracked my own packages, it seems origin scan is when it get unloaded off the feeder trailer, in this case from Newegg The last time I worked in Edison, Newegg got 3 or 4 trailers a day, (Edison is a seperate hub from Meadowlands). The departure scan is when the trailer it is loaded into leaves Edison, since this is a ground package, it probably went by rail to Jacksonville. Subsequent scans are when the trailer arrives in Jacksonville, if it "departs" on another trailer to another hub or center, triggering more arrival/departure scans until the scan says "out for delivery" when it's loaded in the package car.
Most of this I've surmised, for instance in this case Edison doesn't have a night sort, the twilight sort has gone home long before 1am, I've tracked my own packages and it's said "out for delivery" at 6 am. I know the package car didn't leave the building then :-), (the driver's probably still sleeping).
It's not that often feeder drivers stand "waiting for the trailer to be loaded". Sometimes at a customers if it's a "live pickup", or maybe near the end of a sort if you're dispatched a particular load and they're just finishing up. Maybe in a real small building they wait but the larger hubs seem to have things timed so there isn't much standing around.