Can someone tell me what a ups road driver/line haul driver in ca is like?

Trucker2626

I had a offer for a road driver or linehaul. I was wondering what the job is like. What are typical hours and how many times do you have to lay over ? I didn't quite understand what the hiring guy was telling me about part time and dock work if someone could feel me in. Right now I have a local driving job 7:00 to 3:30 but pays no where near what I hear they Make . Should I take the job? Will I still be able to see my family? Thanks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had a offer for a road driver or linehaul. I was wondering what the job is like. What are typical hours and how many times do you have to lay over ?

UPS is not a "freight" type of operation.... Or what you sound familiar with.

They don't do typical linehaul, slip-seat, or laydown bids.

Most are turns, or meet and turn.

​-Bug-

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
depending on where you are in Cali, you may slip right in to fulltime or the more likely scenario is going part time for a while loading or unloading trailers. Are you applying at UPS or at UPS Freight? Two different types of work. A long while. Feeder list over here where I'm at is at 12 years although there's going to be a mass exodus soon. Gotta ask your HR person. Also, feeder hours at UPS mainly work nights. You're always home. There's good and bad. Good luck!