Can the government really come to a UPS Hub?

filthpig

UPS pays Keter to audit their facilities and warn them ahead of time if there is a lack of knowledge in their buildings. These are all questions/answers that UPS/OSHA have agreed should be known by every UPS employee who works in their buildings. UPS basically polices themselves which keeps OSHA happy.

They are all easy simple answers. If these questions scare or confuse you, then never become a driver because you have to answer way more harder questions exactly.
Did you know that UPS owns Keter?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Did you know that UPS owns Keter?

I never heard that in 14 years of union and management employment !!!!!

I'd believe maybe we are their biggest source of income, but we don't own them.
I would think someone would have mentioned that to OSHA if we did, Why would they trust us !!!!

false the reason osha does these inspections is to prevent accidents (and to fine the companys for revenue) i use to work as a security guard on the side and we had a random osha inspection one sunday, and our company got fined like $100,000 for all kinds of **** by the way ups wont help you get a CDL how gay is that :)

Since you`ve come out of the closet UPS will pay for your life partners health insurance just not your CDL.

I never heard that in 14 years of union and management employment !!!!!

I'd believe maybe we are their biggest source of income, but we don't own them.
I would think someone would have mentioned that to OSHA if we did, Why would they trust us !!!!

The story my sup gave me was that UPS had some unsafe situations,OSHA threatened to close said buildings,UPS agreed to correct problems,OSHA say we`ll be the ones to randomly inspect,UPS says thats a conflict of interest since OSHA can generate fines,UPS creates Keter as a third party auditor. However you want to word "ownership" they`re ours.

HBGPreloader

Oh gawd, now you're going to make me look it up?!?!?
If I remember correctly, it was a condition of your employment when you were hired. Check out UPSers.com and search for "UPS Safety Policies.doc" it should have been one of the forms you signed during orientation.
Like I mentioned though, at our center, they make it too easy not to pass the test.

Checkers

I had to go back and check your introduction HBG and saw you`ve only been here 1 1/2 years. You`ll hear what your saying out of the newer guys where as the older guys have gone through the company for years with the "Here`s the safety test and the answers. Make sure you copy it correctly." form of safety education. Truth of the matter is I don`t think we`ve had any one on here ever fired for not Knowing the answers. They tried to discipline drivers here (Cach) and it fell on it`s face. Now we just have to be able to show working knowledge. Parrots are for pet shops.

tardus

Back in the "good ole days," I was fired at UPS for refusing to work while standing IN a hazardous waste spill. After feeling ill, I had to walk to the hospital emergency room a mile away and was told that it was a good thing that I left because the organic solvent hazardous waste would have eventually destroyed my lungs. After calling the Union the next day, I did get my job back. I called OSHA the next day. OSHA did visit and big changes were made in hazardous waste treatment at our center.