Can the Union Force Local 89?

RealPerson

So,
I have been hearing rumors that since Local 89 will probably Never pass, that the Union can some way Force them to accept. Or how it was explained to me, exclude them from the master, so then everything gets ratified? Make them take the last and final offer, if no strike authorization is passed.

Anyway as you can see from my questioning above, of all the What If's, is there any way
the Master will get ratified with out 89 passing their rider?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So,
I have been hearing rumors that since Local 89 will probably Never pass, that the Union can some way Force them to accept. Or how it was explained to me, exclude them from the master, so then everything gets ratified? Make them take the last and final offer, if no strike authorization is passed.

Anyway as you can see from my questioning above, of all the What If's, is there any way
the Master will get ratified with out 89 passing their rider?

From what I understand, on the 3rd vote, it will include a strike authorization. If the members of 89 vote no on the contract and no on the strike authorization, the International can impose the contract on them.

But 89 is crazy, they will vote YES on the strike authorization.

BrownDooDoo

I don't think so. But we could honor the line and refuse to touch any package out of Louisville.
Didn't think so.

I'm all the way on the east coast so I probably don't get any from there directly, but I'm sure some of them pass through that hub as they get to the hubs that get to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Didn't think so.

I'm all the way on the east coast so I probably don't get any from there directly, but I'm sure some of them pass through that hub as they get to the hubs that get to me.
Yeah only 90% of your air or more passes thru there. U sure u work for ups? Jk

BrownDooDoo

Yeah only 90% of your air or more passes thru there. U sure u work for ups? Jk

I have a good understanding of the processes and system inside my SMALL hub. Outside, not so much. I know the KY hub is HUGE. That's why I said a lot probably pass through there. So if they strike touch no air packs? :D

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Their demands have changed, and UPS's offer correspondingly changed making passage unlikely. Ballots were sent out late last week to be counted April 10th.
This is their 3rd vote right?

I could be wrong but my guess is they vote it down and authorize a strike. At which point it'll get real interesting.

Satuirus2000

This is their 3rd vote right?

I could be wrong but my guess is they vote it down and authorize a strike. At which point it'll get real interesting.
No. This is only our second vote. If people want to know what we want it's on the Teamsters 89 website for anyone truly interested. But it doesn't just involve going into Teamcare that many others seem to be parroting. There are subcontracting issues, more full time job issues, and shuttle bus issues among other things.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Remember, No matter what is decided this time around, and a strike vote is taken and is authorized, then WE ALL GO ON STRIKE.

We cannot BY CONTRACT touch, manipulate, transport, handle or forward the progress of STRUCK GOODS.

Its in our national master agreement.

There will be no LOCAL strike. WE WILL ALL BE ON THE STREET.

Before that happens, like I said months ago, UPS will likely LOCK US OUT and tell those locals still left out there to accept the contract or everyone stays in the street until they do.

The company will not play this game much longer.

The International FAILED us as members. They made a "BAD DEAL" and tried to stick it to us. Some stood up and forced change, others sat back and voted yes just to try and get it over with and some are still standing on the front lines taking all the heat that should have been spread across the country.

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits.

Better read your current contract and understand that if ONE local does down on a strike, we all strike.

TOS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Before that happens, like I said months ago, UPS will likely LOCK US OUT and tell those locals still left out there to accept the contract or everyone stays in the street until they do.

TOS.

You are saying that UPS will disrupt service to all the US just to get the 1,2 or 3 riders and supplements to pass?

You are crazy. That is like cutting off a finger because it has a cut on it.

UPS has an ace in the hole. Their number 1 negotiator/sale person (Hoffa) is still in play and UPS is waiting to play him. Hoffa will step in and impose this contract before October.

Because that is the International President we know he is.

Then Stink and the gang can all celebrate how great Hoffa is, and how many jobs he saved.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You are saying that UPS will disrupt service to all the US just to get the 1,2 or 3 riders and supplements to pass?

You are crazy. That is like cutting off a finger because it has a cut on it.

UPS has an ace in the hole. Their number 1 negotiator/sale person (Hoffa) is still in play and UPS is waiting to play him. Hoffa will step in and impose this contract before October.

Because that is the International President we know he is.

Then Stink and the gang can all celebrate how great Hoffa is, and how many jobs he saved.
silly me. I was under the impression the IBT may send some real LEADERSHIP to a local that is in dire need of it. It's obvious noone in that local has ever negotiated ANYTHING before this contract

Stonefish

silly me. I was under the impression the IBT may send some real LEADERSHIP to a local that is in dire need of it. It's obvious noone in that local has ever negotiated ANYTHING before this contract

There were people sent to help but the leadership in 89 is not going to support the contract no matter what they get because of politics. Their leader has bigger political aspirations. His motivation is more for himself than his members. This "fight" he is having only includes the air hub it doesn't include the rest of the UPS members in his local.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Remember, No matter what is decided this time around, and a strike vote is taken and is authorized, then WE ALL GO ON STRIKE.

We cannot BY CONTRACT touch, manipulate, transport, handle or forward the progress of STRUCK GOODS.

Its in our national master agreement.

There will be no LOCAL strike. WE WILL ALL BE ON THE STREET.

The International FAILED us as members. They made a "BAD DEAL" and tried to stick it to us. Some stood up and forced change, others sat back and voted yes just to try and get it over with and some are still standing on the front lines taking all the heat that should have been spread across the country.

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits.

Better read your current contract and understand that if ONE local does down on a strike, we all strike.

TOS.
Is it possible UPS could reroute as much stuff as they can around Louisville, so as to avoid having us process "struck goods? Not everything could be processed, but the system wouldn't necessarily have to be shut down.

BrownDooDoo

Please good Lord of any kind that exists, let us all go on strike!
Lock us out and refuse to give us work because we won't succumb to their greedy demands?

Sounds like bullying to me...sounds criminal....

LOCAL 89 I LOVE YOU ALL! PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING! I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU!

Coming all the way from Maryland, PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING. Not just for you, for all of us. And especially for the ones too scared to stand up and who want to just bend over and take it.

For the workers in other industries to scared to even unionize. We the people need to stand up together not only against simple issues like what goes on at all the UPS facilities, but the issues in our country and in our world!

I wish we all would have demanded more out of the national. I couldn't vote at the time.