Can they fire you over production?

snarts

Don't expect sympathy on here when your next thread is omg they fired me for working off the clock.

What kind of stupid do you have to be to come in and work for FREE anyway.
Like I said it makes my day easier. Also gives more time to organize my trucks properly for the drivers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Like I said it makes my day easier. Also gives more time to organize my trucks properly for the drivers.
you tell ups that when they fire you. Want to know what their response will be?

You don't work off the clock ever. The union won't back you and you will lose your job. Especially if anyone files that you're starting early without being compensated

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had no idea. I'll rethink that whole starting early thing.

Don't let strangers on the Internet tell you how to do your job. If you feel more comfortable coming in a few minutes early then by all means continue doing so. Just keep in mind that you are working for free.

You cannot be fired for getting hurt while working off the clock as you are covered whenever you are on property.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Don't let strangers on the Internet tell you how to do your job. If you feel more comfortable coming in a few minutes early then by all means continue doing so. Just keep in mind that you are working for free.

You cannot be fired for getting hurt while working off the clock as you are covered whenever you are on property.
dont listen to Dave because Dave's methods would get you fired.

You CANNOT work off the clock. The union will not back you on it and ups can fire you for working off the clock.

Don't listen to @UpstateNYUPSer. He has no credibility in anything he says. His posts lack any truth and in the real world , he would of been fired from ups years ago if he didn't work in the smallest center in NY

542thruNthru

Another reason your supervisor may be hounding you is because of your working off the clock everyday. It's obvious already to them you'll do things you shouldn't to make your day easier. So how about they harass you to go faster everyday so that you'll throw safety out the window to not have them harass you and make your day easier.

Just a thought but a lot of PT supes do it.

snarts

Another reason your supervisor may be hounding you is because of your working off the clock everyday. It's obvious already to them you'll do things you shouldn't to make your day easier. So how about they harass you to go faster everyday so that you'll throw safety out the window to not have them harass you and make your day easier.

Just a thought but a lot of PT supes do it.
It's not that since they always become my best friends when ever I wrap up that set on time.

Johney

Worst advice ever given on this forum by far. 5 people or so tell you it's a bad idea and one clown say's it's ok? Do the math.

Johney

Again OP read what this clown tells you in the first sentence. Then proceeds to tell you it's ok.