Can they really fire you over this?

Fragile

The true measure of a man is who they respond to adversity. Some face it head on while others pretend to use the restroom, punch out and sneak out the back door.

Oh yeah, what kind of man wants to ask another man to describe how I bend at my knees and grasp at opposite corners?

I forget I work with adults sometimes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh yeah, what kind of man wants to ask another man to describe how I bend at my knees and grasp at opposite corners?

I forget I work with adults sometimes.

That person is just doing his/her job, much the same as you and I do ours.

Do I find the audits annoying? Absolutely but if chosen I do my best to respond to their questions. I don't pretend to have to use the restroom, punch out and sneak out the back door.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
In my building the union Safety Co-Chair -- who was gifted a 22.3 job to act as a FT Safety Co-Chair for both hourly & supervision -- will document in an employees' file any time they fail the DOK. She'll give the spiel 'you're being suspended, but you did it to yourself since knowing the DOK is a condition of your employment.' She's gotten away with it a few times since our steward smokes the boss' pole, and any attempts to argue with her put a target on my back.

Toward the end of an employee's probation period, she gives them the DOK test... if they don't pass, she calls the overly obese security guard to waddle (er, walk) them out.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
In my building the union Safety Co-Chair -- who was gifted a 22.3 job to act as a FT Safety Co-Chair for both hourly & supervision -- will document in an employees' file any time they fail the DOK. She'll give the spiel 'you're being suspended, but you did it to yourself since knowing the DOK is a condition of your employment.' She's gotten away with it a few times since our steward smokes the boss' pole, and any attempts to argue with her put a target on my back.

Toward the end of an employee's probation period, she gives them the DOK test... if they don't pass, she calls the overly obese security guard to waddle (er, walk) them out.

If this is true, you need to go over your stewards head and call up your hall.

If this low-life 22.3 gets off on diming-out her fellow union brothers and sisters, I'm sure the hall would love to pull her book and then she can go into management where she belongs.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
a part timer a few years back lost his arm in a belt for not following safety procedures. maybe your firing was for the best.

anyway, fedex will hire you.