Can We Be Fired For Not Coming In From Vacation?

Im on vacation this week and I don't turn my phone on til noon because I don't feel like being bothered by anybody especially not the retarded idiots at work. If they called and called while I was on vacation( I wouldn't answer anyway) and I was dumb enough to answer the phone, id tell em to kiss my balls and quit calling me harassing me before you get sued jackazzloseridiothead lmfao.
How can I call you? If your phone is off?...WTF?...lmao

Packmule

Company has been calling me everyday to come in from vacation. made the mistake of answering phone on Monday and volunteering info that I wasn't going out of town. ( didn't go in. dispatch begged me. )

messages have been getting nastier everyday. sometimes they call 2-3 times a day. no longer answering phone.

called a reliable co worker and they said that they have threatened other drivers for not coming in off vacation if they are in town.

I work 55-60 hrs every week and look forward to my vacations. I usually stay home and take the dogs for long walks in the woods and work on my yard. I just stay home. watch Netflix and take naps.

do I have anything to worry about? dreading going back to work Monday. maybe I will call in sick, ha ha.
Last I knew, it was a violation of contract for them to even ask. Especially true under new contract, provided your fellow drivers who get blown out file on it.
Used to get that grief all the time, thirty years ago. Not since.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
h7837F123

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This thread worries me. On what planet could UPS do anything because they knew months ahead of time you would be off, they pay to be off, and threaten you with anything. Bullies can only bully you if you allow it. Next time they call tell them to friend off, and no I'm not kidding. I bet dimes to dollar it will stop.
I didn't want to be an ass but I was wondering how long the op has been employed here.

The fact that someone thinks there's even a chance they could make them come in is sad.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If they are posting a signup sheet for this, then they proved they do not have a sufficient workforce.
The union hall should be buzzing like a beehive !!!!!!
In not sure what the situation is at cach but we can't find workers.

We have hired every eligible part timer that wants to drive. Still have at least 7-8 off the street positions to fill. That's assuming the 8 we have in training make it but a sup said today he was thinking half might make it if they are lucky.

TheFigurehead

In not sure what the situation is at cach but we can't find workers.
We have hired every eligible part timer that wants to drive. Still have at least 7-8 off the street positions to fill.

Yeah, they even mailed us invitations to apply here...

but, honestly, five minutes on Brown Cafe was all I needed to know that it wasn't for me. Sure, the pay and benefits are good... maybe even great... but at what cost? I like money, but I'm not giving these fu(kers 12 hours a day of my life, no matter how much they pay me. If it were a job that consisted of a "normal" 8-9 hours a day, a lot more people would consider it... but the problem is, it's not just a job, it's a lifestyle... and to a lot of folks aren't willing to give up their families or watching their kids grow up, just because UPS are a bunch of cheap bastards who are unwilling to staff appropriately.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, they even mailed us invitations to apply here...

but, honestly, five minutes on Brown Cafe was all I needed to know that it wasn't for me. Sure, the pay and benefits are good... maybe even great... but at what cost? I like money, but I'm not giving these fu(kers 12 hours a day of my life, no matter how much they pay me. If it were a job that consisted of a "normal" 8-9 hours a day, a lot more people would consider it... but the problem is, it's not just a job, it's a lifestyle... and to a lot of folks aren't willing to give up their families or watching their kids grow up, just because UPS are a bunch of cheap bastards who are unwilling to staff appropriately.
Exactly totally agree with ya on the driving thing. Combo job or temp driving is the way to go. Fulltime driving aint worth it unless your single and have no plans on ever having kids, totally not worth it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The one week I take at beginning of summer is always the landscape-beer drinking vacation, every year. Got to get er done, so she looks perty at the Jumpmeisters estate lmfao.