Can We Be Fired For Not Coming In From Vacation?

Ouch

Hey Upstate, what I do with my vacation time and pay is my business. My son's Bahamas trip is a graduation/ going in the Marines gift. You remind me of some a..hole that has nothing better to do than hide behind a computer keyboard!

Sent using BrownCafe App
My son has been In the Navy for a year. Thank your son for his service from our family. Hang in their, it killed me telling my son goodbye. I thought I was way more of a man but let me tell you, I don't think I've ever cried that much. Again thank your son for us.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my son just came back from UAE after 8 months and after 3 months may have to go back. headfull of gray hair in those 8 months.

makes my problem here seem stupid.

bl04a

Ouch, thanks for your post. My son leaves on 7/20. As that day gets closer it starting to seem more real. I worry with all of the news about lately about Iraq, but I think I'm starting to miss him more than worrying.
Also, thank you to your son for his service.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bl04a

my son just came back from UAE after 8 months and after 3 months may have to go back. headfull of gray hair in those 8 months.

makes my problem here seem stupid.
You couldn't be more right . We sit here worrying about dispatches and splits and management but those annoyances are nothing compared to what our men and women ( sons and daughters) face protecting our freedom!

Sent using BrownCafe App

clarnzz

Know it's a little off topic, but I have a policy called the reverse call in. After being called too many times at 4 AM asking me to come work preload before I delivered, even though I said I am never going to do this. I told them the next time they called me at 4AM, I am going to say no, but thanks for calling because I'm sick.. Havn't been called since. :)

O

OLDMAN3

Nice try-----comp does not kick in until you are off for two weeks.
Comp pays from day one if you are off fo
One week here.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Upstate...
We are paid from day one in my state if we end up being off more than 10 days total.
I really was paid for vacation, Comp, hours worked (8 guaranteed and paid+ Comp for OT missed) and an additional $50 gift card for working 3 1/2 hours that week. I would not work any of my vacation these days because our center manager is just trying to run a skeleton crew.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You couldn't be more right . We sit here worrying about dispatches and splits and management but those annoyances are nothing compared to what our men and women ( sons and daughters) face protecting our freedom!

Sent using BrownCafe App

just watched 2 documentaries on Netflix on Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn. It's scary what our children and grandchildren are inheriting.