Can we make it to 90?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
After today I say no. Get out as fast as you can, I know I will. Got done at 2020. I cant make it to the year 2020, which with CS benefits, thats about when I can leave.

satellitedriver

After today I say no. Get out as fast as you can, I know I will. Got done at 2020. I cant make it to the year 2020, which with CS benefits, thats about when I can leave.

What is your start time? 20:50 is my average punch out. I have a later start time than most. 9:45am.
If anybody can tuff it out, you can.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I start at 9. And thanks for the vote of confidence. BTW
But yesterday I had one of those days where all the lights were green, all the people greeted me with open arms, you know one of those rare days.
Today I couldnt get my back door shut trying to move these 150 pd pkgs inside the door. They were for a residence toward the end of my day. Speakers as big and wide as me. Behind them were stacks of paper for everywhere, so these had to go. I went to the house, I couldnt deliver out of the back til they were out. Cant get the guy up. Call him, and deliver in the area for a few minutes, stuff I can reach. He calls, I have to wait for him to get dressed so I deliver a few more. I told him I would wait as last time he came out in his undies. Not a sight I wanted to witness again. No hard buns or abs there. if ya know what I mean. Then I had to wait while he moved his boyfriends car, so I could dolly them in the garage. Now Im behind, big time. But I thought I would be Ok after all I only had 105. But I had 130. Couldnt catch up all day. Dolly was needed at so many stops I couldnt believe it. And under the old numbers I would have been a star, under the new ones Im a slug. And when I bust my arse all day, and gotta hear how bad I was on Monday, it definitely ruins the motivation.

satellitedriver

But yesterday I had one of those days where all the lights were green, all the people greeted me with open arms, you know one of those rare days.
Today I couldnt get my back door shut trying to move these 150 pd pkgs inside the door. They were for a residence toward the end of my day. Speakers as big and wide as me. Behind them were stacks of paper for everywhere, so these had to go. I went to the house, I couldnt deliver out of the back til they were out. Cant get the guy up. Call him, and deliver in the area for a few minutes, stuff I can reach. He calls, I have to wait for him to get dressed so I deliver a few more. I told him I would wait as last time he came out in his undies. Not a sight I wanted to witness again. No hard buns or abs there. if ya know what I mean. Then I had to wait while he moved his boyfriends car, so I could dolly them in the garage. Now Im behind, big time. But I thought I would be Ok after all I only had 105. But I had 130. Couldnt catch up all day. Dolly was needed at so many stops I couldnt believe it. And under the old numbers I would have been a star, under the new ones Im a slug. And when I bust my arse all day, and gotta hear how bad I was on Monday, it definitely ruins the motivation.
It must just be in the stars. I had the same last two days. Yesterday, for the first time in about a year I had a day where I was just singing "Zippadee DoDa, Zippadee Day got a bluebird on my shoulder what a wonderful day." Today, well same as yours, sans the underwear guy.
When they tell you on Monday you were a slug, just listen with one ear.
Pax

browniehound

My question is, why the doesn't all this crap happen during an OJS ride???

satellitedriver

My question is, why the doesn't all this crap happen during an OJS ride???

Funny you should say that.
I just had my first OJS ride in ten years. Another one of those rare days where I did not have any out of the way, bad road, bad weather, bad dogs deliveries. The Sup was a cool guy and enjoyed the ride around the country side. He admitted to me that it was one of the best rides he had ever been on and said he had to nitpick to find two errors all day. I had over reved(sp) the engine shifting from 3rd to 4th gear and made one back not to the driver side.
On most other days, I would have been swamped just trying to get the load off.
Funny how things seem to happen that way.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
[No hard buns or abs there. if ya know what I mean. Then I had to wait while he moved his boyfriends car

His boyfriends car? How did you get this kind pf personal info?? No wait, don't want to know.....

sendagain

I thought I was in good shape as a driver, but I went on a diet and lost 25 pounds after retiring. I started walking everyday, and before I knew it, I was walking twice as far as I had in years. My blood pressure improved, acid reflux departed, and I even stopped snoring. Leaving the stress of the job behind was a big plus, and I haven't had any back trouble either. I only wish there might have been places within the company for people aging. Watching your stops increase with the new system at 52 was no fun. I got out when I could and have a body still in good condition.

wyobill

Im not sure about life expectancy but most dont make to retirement. The teamster Multiemployer plans are happy about that stat. More money for the teamsters and non UPS retirees. Maybe they will up the age from 62 to 72 for UPS
employees.

browniehound

Speaking of age, has anyone read the story today of the 102 year-old woman who made a hole in one on a 100-yard par 3 yesterday? I guess she used the driver and because of the slope of the course, after she hit it she couldn't see where it went. When her group went looking for the ball they found it in the cup. She broke the record for the oldest person to hit a hole in one on a regulation golf course. The previous record was held by a man who was 101 and did it in 2001. Amazing.