Can we talk about it now???

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had the extreme pleasure of driving an old P800 today, I felt like I was being punished for calling in and taking Monday off. Didn't even have keyless, I don't know how I made it through the day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hoaxster,do you think a ceo that spends at the least 6 months{peak season included}as a driver would not influence some decisions?

A publicly owned corporation's CEOs job is mostly about financial decisions - how the market and economy is trending, understanding and deciding the balance between profits and capital reinvestments, understanding and guiding negotiations with Unions, looking towards the future and anticipating future transportation needs of emerging industries and countries, etc.
Decisions at his level do not consider the impact on employees that much, be they management or hourly. He/she would rely on management at lower levels such as District Managers to provide that feedback and input.

Indecisi0n

The CEO ride around in a brown "car," hahaha. When I was making my book and having the division manager ride me it was halarious. We had 4 misloads which made the guy mad so he called the on call sup to come pick them up. Then after lunch he asked what our ETA was. I said looks like 7:45-8:00. He said "oh hell no." On call came back and took 30 stops off of us. Lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had the extreme pleasure of driving an old P800 today, I felt like I was being punished for calling in and taking Monday off. Didn't even have keyless, I don't know how I made it through the day.
Thats what I have after every vacation. That high step and no power is a killer. Glad Im not the only one who got beat up. comfort in numbers.

over9five

Staff member
If you had any guts, you'd bang in tomorrow to teach them a lesson!

bigblu 2 you

A publicly owned corporation's CEOs job is mostly about financial decisions - how the market and economy is trending, understanding and deciding the balance between profits and capital reinvestments, understanding and guiding negotiations with Unions, looking towards the future and anticipating future transportation needs of emerging industries and countries, etc.
Decisions at his level do not consider the impact on employees that much, be they management or hourly. He/she would rely on management at lower levels such as District Managers to provide that feedback and input.
what happened to yes or no answers?

bigblu 2 you

"do you being a driver influence yourself?"

I'm sorry----what??
apologies for the wording.i guess what i was trying to point out or ask is being a driver influences a lot of facets in my life,like how i lift,drive,plan ahead,etc. at work and home.i am sometimes critical of friends and family who do the same things in a unsafe"ups wise" and inefficient manor and their perception of that is not always favorable and i am understanding.this job has influenced me in that way.i think working as a ceo or some level of management could possibly do the same"as much as i currently despise most of them"and even though i lean on the side of labor i always think about walking in the other guys shoes.surely the ceo would grasp drops of wisdom and morsels of knowledge as a lowly driver.unless his soul is black and concealed in a thornbush of numbers.