Can you help me

I need some information on the UPS Jacksonville Fl. HUB if anyone can help me. My girlfriend receantly got her finger cut off by a set of TOFC rollers. I am working with OSHA on getting an investigation team in the HUB. If anyone can give me some information on the rollers I would appreciate it. UPS is trying to screw her and it's not right, all they were worried about was whether or not she was a lost time injury. She came back to work immediatly and is on light duty but that doesnt help her mental state about it. I need any information (be specific) you can send me to help this investigation. Those of us that have been screwed by the Monster finally have a way to get back and do something about how they treated us and how they continue to treat their employees.

trickpony1

Get a good worker's comp attorney.
The company will offer her peanuts as compensation if you don't.
Don't sign anything and don't admit to anything. The company is skilled at deceit and deception.
They want you to think they care. They don't.

In another thread you mention you were in management. I don't understand why you are asking for advice if you are acquainted with the inner workings about this sort of thing.

Last edited:
T

trucker1946

Your right trickpony that person did say he was in management,weather he is pulling a hoax or trying to get info thru this site its not worth wasting time with:confused:1 a response.

Don't sign anything and don't admit to anything. The company is skilled at deceit and deception.

In another thread you mention you were in management. I don't understand why you are asking for advice if you are acquainted with the inner workings about this sort of thing.

Trickpony I used to work there and yes I was in management but I nolonger work there. I want information on this for a reason. This is no hoax at all. I am jeopardizing alot here because my girlfriend has no idea what I am doing. She remains loyal to that ****hole of a company and if she knew I was doing this she would go nuts.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Trickpony makes very good points. I don't know about middle managers, they probably care, but they're not the people who dole out compensation. That's the brown entity in Hotlanta.

Get an attorney, if you're having problems getting workplace safety people involved, then obviously you're not convincing them. How did she cut off her finger from the rollers? Every set of rollers that I've used is very safe, only way you could injure yourself is by walking on them or lifting 50kg boxes while standing on them.

hoser thats a company man answer. Those rollers are junk. Did you know that the company that makes the TOFC rollers Watkins Air Supply Products only make that particular set of rollers for UPS. They do not make them to sell to anyone other than UPS. They will not even endorse the use of these rollers. I don't know what HUB you work in but the Jax HUB doesn't maintain their equipment as it should be maintained by OSHA standards. Check the previous OSHA citations for UPS and you will realize that your wrong. OSHA.GOV try it

disneyworld

They are junk. When I've tried to push them out of a trailer,the bottom would roll away from the grates, leaving them tetering. The only way to lift them is with a forklift. I might have pushed them right on top of somebody,they could have been seriously hurt or killed.

LKLND3380

Can you describe excatly what happen so that others here can prevent a similar injury?

You said the finger was cut off. The entire finger or the tip? I wouldn't be back to work immediately - I would be knocked out with pain pills for a couple days...

I need some information on the UPS Jacksonville Fl. HUB if anyone can help me. My girlfriend receantly got her finger cut off by a set of TOFC rollers. I am working with OSHA on getting an investigation team in the HUB. If anyone can give me some information on the rollers I would appreciate it. UPS is trying to screw her and it's not right, all they were worried about was whether or not she was a lost time injury. She came back to work immediatly and is on light duty but that doesnt help her mental state about it. I need any information (be specific) you can send me to help this investigation. Those of us that have been screwed by the Monster finally have a way to get back and do something about how they treated us and how they continue to treat their employees.

To all that are curious about how this happened it's simple. They had problems with the break of the rollers and while trying to get the break up so they could push the rollers out of the trailer. The rollers moved forward, locking the break and when the break locked her finger was caught in between the break and the steel. Her finger was severed off by the break. A good friend of mine that is a compliance officer with OSHA told me about this this web site so I started looking at it. I did this without her knowing and finally today someone asked her about it. The guy that asked her about it was supposed to be her friend and in a sence he threatened her job. I still told her I didn't know what she was talking about. i don't want her knowing what I'm doing yet for just that reason. After she told me what happened today I spoke to OSHA as well as my lawyer from OSHA. I see now that all that the safety committee at UPS is worried about is UPS. Just goes to show you that you cant trust anyone. I hope this answered your questions.

satellitedriver

I still told her I didn't know what she was talking about. i don't want her knowing what I'm doing yet for just that reason. After she told me what happened today I spoke to OSHA as well as my lawyer from OSHA. I see now that all that the safety committee at UPS is worried about is UPS. Just goes to show you that you cant trust anyone.

You have a lawyer at OSHA? Over a situation that did not happen to you, at a place you do not work at. You lied to your girlfriend, to "protect" her. You would be on the top of my list of people not to trust.