Can you help us bring our Lady Rose home?

W

What?

:glare:

I work hard, I take pride in my attention to detail, proper sortation, careful handling of goods, and I know add value to this company. Simply because I ridicule a single client's preposterous plea for all UPSers to look out for a rug that was stuffed in a file box or I don't give a crap over billy-bob's shipment of a vehicle transmission stuffed into a cereal box doesn't mean I am a detriment to the company and apart of the reason we're apparently losing market share.

And btw, I thought we're getting more Air and SCS market share :confused:1

Why is it a "preposterous plea" to try and get back a 100 year old family airloom? I'd say you're probably a single lonely and miserable person with no feeling for family history if you can't show some compassion for her situation! Try calling the 800 CALL UPS number and see what you get! If you can decipher what they're saying with thier Indian accent, maybe you can get some useful information but unfortunately this woman is at her wits end and trying to restore some family history that was lost in our sytem. Regardless of the cause, she said the label may have fallen off but she's pleading for some help.... If it was a brand new stuffed animal being sent to some snot nosed kid, I would say write it off and send another. This is much more important to this woman and the tools that don't want to help should stick to other threads....maybe you can find one about fart jokes or something like that, probably more your speed!

B

brownISer

for those that agree that we should treat every customer's package like it's our own, thank you for your support! :thumbup1:

trickpony1

I thinks it's a sad commentary that a customer must rely on members of a computer message board instead of the neighborhood customer service counter to trace, and hopefully find, her package.

diadlover

This is stupid, do you seriously expect UPSers on this forum to take an Amber Alert over a freakin' package this seriously?

Lol, that "Amber Alert" comment was pretty funny.

for those that agree that we should treat every customer's package like it's our own, thank you for your support! :thumbup1:

Some packages deserve a little "drop kick" now and again. Like those 50 lb. boxes of computer paper with the two thin little yellow straps that are always falling apart. :censored2: Officemax and Staples!!

dammor

Lol, that "Amber Alert" comment was pretty funny.

Some packages deserve a little "drop kick" now and again. Like those 50 lb. boxes of computer paper with the two thin little yellow straps that are always falling apart. :censored2: Officemax and Staples!!

I doubt there has ever been a time in my almost 27 years at UPS that I have been this disgusted with the idiots that would seem to be the future of this company. Grow up or leave. Have you ever in your entire life got the satisfaction that comes from doing something to help someone else or for that matter from just doing a decent job? Who the hell is in charge of hiring people these days?

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I doubt there has ever been a time in my almost 27 years at UPS that I have been this disgusted with the idiots that would seem to be the future of this company. Grow up or leave. Have you ever in your entire life got the satisfaction that comes from doing something to help someone else or for that matter from just doing a decent job? Who the hell is in charge of hiring people these days?

It's a joke. chill out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm with dammor on this one......there can be customers of UPS on this board too and I think the comments were tacky to say the least....except the ones where they said they would try to help.

dammor

It's a joke. chill out.

Is it a joke to the person that was just looking for some help to locate an item that had sentimental value? No, and it wasn't to me either. Some view this board as a place to spew what they would never spew in person. I'm for having a good time and playing when it is appropraite. When we act like immature idiots we can rest assured that the person looking for our help has now become a customer no more. So has the rest of her family and friends.
We are not bullet proof. Our jobs depend on people trusting us to do our best. I will say it again. GROW UP.

diadlover

Is it a joke to the person that was just looking for some help to locate an item that had sentimental value? No, and it wasn't to me either. Some view this board as a place to spew what they would never spew in person. I'm for having a good time and playing when it is appropraite. When we act like immature idiots we can rest assured that the person looking for our help has now become a customer no more. So has the rest of her family and friends.
We are not bullet proof. Our jobs depend on people trusting us to do our best. I will say it again. GROW UP.

LOL, your hilarious dammor! I love a dry sense of humor.

B

brownISer

and Joopster, you know what's a joke?....your sad bid to solicit $$$ from your fellow UPSers....

hoser

Industrial Slob
i don't think our comments are immaturity and reflective of brown's dim future (nice fear mongering,t hough) it's just us saying "look, it's lost, what the hell do you want diadlover, who works out of the Moscow boxline sort to do?" we handle hundreds of thousands of pacakges an hour, as much as i'd love to find the woman's rug (so we can put this ridiculous thread to rest), the reality is, it's not moving along in the system, it's sitting in ECS being handled by someone who is 99% likely not to have ever used this forum.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Above and beyond the attitudes of those who clearly intended sarcasm on this thread.
Dammor and BrownISer, How do you think it reflects on the company when a customer see employees bickering like children?
I truly hope she did not return or I fear we've lost her business for good. If the heirloom (note: not airloom) being lost wasn't enough, the fighting between fellow empoyees ought to show her how effed up UPS really is.

That's why I ship everything Fedex.

B

brownISer

you know what, at least she knows we made the effort...I took this as high as the Corporate Overgoods Manager in Atlanta...he has SEVERAL UPSers looking for this rug...I have had a few email converstations with the customer assuring her that there are CONCERNED UPSers still trying to locate her special rug... here is her reply:

Thank you guys again, ever so much. Honestly, it does make me (and my mom) feel awful good just to know that you folks really do care. I know that sounds pretty hokey, but it's true. It means a great deal to us. If it hasn't run off to join a flying carpet stunt team (which it may have since it was cooped up all these years) we can still have hope it will be found.

Thanks again,
Heather and Gayle Frye

how can you guys not see this as an embarrassment???

hoser

Industrial Slob
Above and beyond the attitudes of those who clearly intended sarcasm on this thread.
Dammor and BrownISer, How do you think it reflects on the company when a customer see employees bickering like children?
I truly hope she did not return or I fear we've lost her business for good. If the heirloom (note: not airloom) being lost wasn't enough, the fighting between fellow empoyees ought to show her how effed up UPS really is.

We may have lost her business, but we still got melaluca, bentley, tv-shopping-network, nortel, rogers, tele-mobility (telus), staples, costco, and yves rocher. fx pisses a walk-up client like this one and they come our way. that's the way the market works. life goes on.

Bear in mind this is not the mentality I have when on road. The difference is, one mentality I have is the big picture in UPS' total business, and the other mentality, the on-road mentality, is that the big picture are the 50 clients that I serve.

W

What?

Note: It's employees not "empoyees".....just a joke.

I'm glad to see that this customer feels that we take this serious. As she mentioned, it may never be found but at least she knows that UPS isn't blowing it off......well, most UPSers that is.
I would agree that we're not in the business to drop everything and look for a single lost package but there are times where we can extend a hand such as this where obviously she got her message out to the right people (brownISer). It's nice to see some fellow UPSers thinking about the importance of the customer and in this case, what was lost. Hopefully it's eventually found and this customer will swear by UPS and tell others about the personal attention she received..... JMHO