Can you lose your job over this.....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depends on where you are I promise. Highly unlikely it would stick but 40 air is a lot of air. I'd call that serious/Cardinal whatever the wording is now.

The OP will be fine. Likely get a warning letter but better make sure he has zero late for a good while.
The wording changed to Cardinal. Having 40 late airs is not a cardinal sin under 17i.

They are service failures. A cardinal sin would be if he lied about why he was late or if he did the old RDR.

A customer changed his delivery point which cost him a few extra minutes. He is only guilty of making a poor decision by delivering the bulk at that stop instead of delivering their air and then coming back.

If it was only 1 air, he may not even get a warning letter. It so happened that the customer had 40. UPS cannot let 40 slide, but they can only issue a warning letter.

Well, I guess they could fire him, but it would not even make it to the panel. It would be a paid vacation.

There is no way that even UPS would want this case heard at the State Panel.

Johney

Grounds delivered before 10:30 and have late air? You are at fault, sorry. Warning letter that's it, but don't do it again anytime soon.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some routes are tight on airs every day but can still deliver some ground with air. You have to guess how long it will take you and still be able to get all the air off before 10:30. Unexpected things can happen and delay you. Maybe a warning letter to wipe your butt with but nothing to lose your job over.

oldngray

nowhere special
Suspended until further notice pending on investigation. Is what I was given this morning

Was it your first occurrence? UPS has to follow progressive discipline so can't suspend for the first time. Maybe it is a big money shipper who complained and the center manager got reamed and tried to pass the :censored2: downhill.

BUCN85

Yes first occurance. And there was no complaint from the customer. I was there at 1035 or so. I don't know this sucks. I didn't think it would come to a suspension. I have to consider this a very tough learning lesson

BUCN85

I am going to be talking to the union later today after our steward talks to him. I just feel like I'm not going to get my job back. Being suspended the first time I did anything not correct. I've never had any discipline issues ever whether it was preload or driving. Always been reliable. Never give any problems. Then this happens.

PT Car Washer

I am going to be talking to the union later today after our steward talks to him. I just feel like I'm not going to get my job back. Being suspended the first time I did anything not correct. I've never had any discipline issues ever whether it was preload or driving. Always been reliable. Never give any problems. Then this happens.
Having 40 late NDA to one stop is a big deal. I am sure the Center Manager had to answer a lot of questions during a conference call on this. Let the Union handle this one because it is out of your control.

BUCN85

Yes I know. Honest mistake over this situation. Though I was called a liar during my hearing. Whatever. I hope the union gets my job back. But I guess I'm suspended. Not fired.

PT Car Washer

Yes I know. Honest mistake over this situation. Though I was called a liar during my hearing. Whatever. I hope the union gets my job back. But I guess I'm suspended. Not fired.
You call it an honest mistake but I bet your manager calls it poor decision making ability. Not trying to beat you up and I bet you will be back working Monday.

clean hairy

Sure wish I could see the the Union Rep laughing at Managment when the grievance is presented!
Suspension for a first offense=getting paid for a few days of not working.
Sounds like Barney Fife or Gomer Pyle came up with this ding-dong call!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You need to file. Progressive discipline goes Verbal, Warning, 1,3,5 day suspension for the same occurrence. They're trying to make an example of you, Don't let them

BUCN85

You call it an honest mistake but I bet your manager calls it poor decision making ability. Not trying to beat you up and I bet you will be back working Monday.
I 100% agree it was poor decision making. Thinking I had more time than I did. That's why we learn from out mistakes

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And that's exactly how they want you to feel. If everything you've posted thus far is accurate you'll get your job back, probably with a suspension for time served.

O/C

Suspended until further notice pending on investigation. Is what I was given this morning
Have the BA formally ask just how long of an investigation it will require, and all documentation and time tables records. Hang in there, most of us have been through à unfair suspension or discharge. Just keep your mouth shut and listen to your BA when you go through kangeroo hearings, make them work for it.

Sent using BrownCafe App