Can you lose your job over this.....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Suspended until further notice pending on investigation. Is what I was given this morning
They are taking this position with you because they think you wont fight it.

They think that after a few days, that you will jump at the opportunity to return to work, suspension time served.

They would never take this position with me, because they know I would welcome the chance to take it to the panel.

There is absolutely no contractual onus for the company's position in this matter, none.
This is a progressive discipline issue, nothing else.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Good luck man hang in there everything will work out..... Try using the word "discrimination", somehow work that into the mix if u can, very powerful

BUCN85

They think that after a few days, that you will jump at the opportunity to return to work, suspension time served.

They would never take this position with me, because they know I would welcome the chance to take it to the panel.

There is absolutely no contractual onus for the company's position in this matter, none.
So my progressive discipline you mean basically they went straight for the jugular on this issue instead of a verbal and warning letter. I should have no worries then about being put back to work soon and then even grieving this time off

BUCN85

Problem is here is the person who made the suspension call isn't even out center manager or district. He is just filling in. Don't know from where. Point being he would t know what kind of stand I would take

nystripe96

I cannot believe you're getting disciplined for this. Few weeks back I made literally the same mistake. Got caught in traffic after my initial bulk stops with air mixed in.....This in effect put me two mins late with 36 late air. Sent a message on my diad apologizing & got a typical angry response....That being said, I had no verbal conflict with my supe or manager & absolutely no warning letter let alone a suspension ouch. You will not be fired. Service failures happen. You're human after all

BUCN85

Talked to BA and he said they can't just suspend you like that with no warnings or anything like that for a first offense. Also did I mention when I called in I was told I was on a route that was never even in. They could have just been upfront with me.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Talked to BA and he said they can't just suspend you like that with no warnings or anything like that for a first offense. Also did I mention when I called in I was told I was on a route that was never even in. They could have just been upfront with me.

Did you tell him to file that grievance?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You need to file. Progressive discipline goes Verbal, Warning, 1,3,5 day suspension for the same occurrence. They're trying to make an example of you, Don't let them
Progressive discipline does NOT go verbal, warning, 1,3,5 day suspension..

We have been through this before, countless times. UPS does NOT have to issue a verbal first.

The only instance where UPS has to issue a verbal first is for attendance. Any other non cardinal infraction, can result in the issuance of a warning letter.

BUCN85

Progressive discipline does NOT go verbal, warning, 1,3,5 day suspension..

We have been through this before, countless times. UPS does NOT have to issue a verbal first.

The only instance where UPS has to issue a verbal first is for attendance. Any other non cardinal infraction, can result in the issuance of a warning letter.
Well I didn't even get a letter. Incident happened Wednesday. Suspended Thursday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I certainly don't want you to lose your job I would hope that you would agree that 40 late NDA's cannot be swept under the rug.

It sounds like they are suspending the new kid to send a message to the rest of the drivers.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I've had the same situation happen to me 50 or so late airs. I was told I could be terminated. They made me sweat a day or two, told I would be receiving a warning letter. That was 15 years ago, never received the warning letter. I'm sure you won't be terminated, but make sure the NDA's come first.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet it was 10:30.01 or later that's why its late. Just some FYI on what we can see....

Just in case some one needs clarification. Its 10:30 and one second (10:30.01)

Based solely on what you have read here and considering his clean work record, do you consider a suspension to be equitable or excessive?