Can You Say Epic Cluster?

Doc Sorting Dude

Our station has more couriers than trucks. Saw one heading home because there was nothing for him to do or to go. Stupid management planning plain and simple,

!Retired!

Our station has more couriers than trucks. Saw one heading home because there was nothing for him to do or to go. Stupid management planning plain and simple,
Hasn't happened here yet. but, I expect we'll have more couriers than trucks Tuesday due to PM routes being cut. I'll be more than happy to have a runner with me. Then I'll get to know the feeling the UPS diver in my area has.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh. My bet is that in 2 weeks nobody even notices or remembers.

I think Memphis will be doing some self-examination, and then placing the blame squarely upon the hourlies. We might still be delivering Xmas packages in 2 weeks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They will try to spin this so none of the :censored2: falls on them...as usual. Nobody is going to buy the excuses except the most retarded of employees. This Peak was poorly planned and it's clear (at least to me) that they just expected us to suck-up the extra volume. Proof of their stupidity was the plan to shift excess Ground volume to Express. That really worked out well.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I have a dream that Fred S will retire some time soon and who ever takes over will realize how mis-managed this company is and how it doesn't take care of the front line employees and there will be some massive re-alingment.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have a dream that Fred S will retire some time soon and who ever takes over will realize how mis-managed this company is and how it doesn't take care of the front line employees and there will be some massive re-alingment.
A nice thought no doubt, but not very likely.

overflowed

I've thought that the orders coming down are from someone who has totally lost their mind. Would that person's underlings really say anything? I doubt it.

bbsam

Staff member
that's just silly.

bbsam

Staff member
They will try to spin this so none of the :censored2: falls on them...as usual. Nobody is going to buy the excuses except the most retarded of employees. This Peak was poorly planned and it's clear (at least to me) that they just expected us to suck-up the extra volume. Proof of their stupidity was the plan to shift excess Ground volume to Express. That really worked out well.
They didn't shift any to you.

HomeDelivery

to think that they would learn from their mistakes from previous peak seasons...

over here, we had another flawless dispatch due to managers w/ brains hiring enough temp help both in the package handling & drivers/rental vehicles.

everything was attempted because the local contractor gave me an area close to my home so i can be out there longer in a tight area (i had up to 10 stops on the same street at times)

my max stop limit was 120 but they poured it on to 180 within the same service area & was on-duty for up to 12 DOT hours per day since i can find houses in the dark w/out freakin' out.

the weather up in my area wasn't as bad & that's part of why i stayed w/ a contractor this season. if it was going to be a "white christmas" i would have dropped him & went back to being hourly...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They didn't shift any to you.[/quote

Yeah, but that was "The Plan", right? It just shows how far their heads are up their butts. It sounds like the Ground peak went relatively smoothly. Ours was/still is a disaster. If they had actually ahead with it, it would be even worse. BTW, I got a call from my manager this morning too...it will not be returned.

HomeDelivery

"Express sucks. Ground sucks more"

looks like it was the other way around during this peak season, as well as the previous year...

we were caught up by Xmas eve. i only went out w/ 113 stops that day.

All the temp drivers & rentals were returned on monday & no temp drivers showed up on Tues

hopefully, they didn't mis-predict the package volume forecast for the rest of this week or they'll be making some calls to bring them back until at least new year's eve...