Can you will-call a UPS MI package?

S

splozi

I imagine that UPS "Mail Innovation" packages are sorted just like any other packages destined for delivery by UPS. The only difference is that they're bagged for delivery to USPS.

Is it possible to will-call them?

reydluap

NO. UPS's shipping contract to the shippers is to deliver packages to the USPS address on the package. Then the USPS can do what the customer request (hold package, alt delivery, ect...).

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is illegal of for them to release it to anything other than your mailbox. My local Post office was nice like that if you lived on their rural delivery route. Then, someone claimed they never received a package that they picked up that morning at the post office. That practice ended. So, if I order more pearls from QVC, I have to wait for them to be delivered in the afternoon to my mailbox out front. I imagine that differs from postmaster to postmaster, but that is the law.

S

splozi

It is illegal of for them to release it to anything other than your mailbox. My local Post office was nice like that if you lived on their rural delivery route. Then, someone claimed they never received a package that they picked up that morning at the post office. That practice ended. So, if I order more pearls from QVC, I have to wait for them to be delivered in the afternoon to my mailbox out front. I imagine that differs from postmaster to postmaster, but that is the law.

Understood, ma'am!

reydluap

At our local PO, the customer CAN fill out a card and either have their mail (packages) held at the USPS or delivered to an alternate address. When my wife and I go on vacation and leave the state, our deliveries are made to my neighbor. So each USPS office just might do things a little different.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That's different than going in the morning to your local Post Office on a day your mail is scheduled to be delivered to your RR mailbox at the end of your driveway and asking the Postmaster to hand over your mail.

S

splozi

Fun. ~47 miles from where it was supposed to go.

MUCH better than me just picking it up after work... (yes, yes, I know)

6xMyI.png
6xMyI.png