Can your kids use your education benefits

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Our local has added 3 BA's. We cover a large geographical area and while your idea does make sense I like the idea of having a BA who's primary concern is UPS.

No reason you couldn't keep what BA 's you have. I feel they just did what was best for them to keep going. Above the members. As usual. Each state only needs one local. Ny needs 2. Nyc and upstate. Not 4

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No reason you couldn't keep what BA 's you have. I feel they just did what was best for them to keep going. Above the members. As usual. Each state only needs one local. Ny needs 2. Nyc and upstate. Not 4

I understand your frustration but this is a totally separate discussion that does not involve the pension.

3 done 3 to go

I understand your frustration but this is a totally separate discussion that does not involve the pension.

Yes. It is the pension. It would have been the correct decision for everybody. Instead they chose the easy way out. You will see. In 5 maybe 10 yrs. It will be back. Kicking the can. Is all this is. Remember. You will be looking in next time.

3 done 3 to go

Very well.

There were about 25 people there. The presentation by Ken was very thorough and he patiently answered all of our questions.

There were many more retirees waiting for their meeting to start. I have a feeling that it was not as cordial as ours.

Good. When our meeting happened. The union only said 50% cut. We had 100 plus show up. 3/4 retirees. None were too happy. Any further news to pass on?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not really.

20% actives (as of 7/1/2017)

31% retirees

UPS pays $16/hr.

YRC only pays $2/hr.

We will still lose $.35/hr on 8/1/17 whether the plan is approved or not.

UPS is by far the largest contributor, accounting for 76% of total fund contributions.

Ken did hint that this issue may be addressed in 2018 contract negotiations.

3 done 3 to go

So much for the dream. Sure hope my gamble pays off. Should have gotten a state job now. I just want the 30. Then the rest. Will be icing. Did they mention anything about work restriction requirements being relaxed?