Canada Collective agreement 2010

DS

Fenderbender
OK maybe I'm jumping the gun here but from what I've heard from reliable sources.Our new contract ....................
$500 signing bonus :(
5 yrs 30 cents every 6 months
from $56 a day to $75 a day in pension contributions non retroactive
4 -10 hour days for those that want it.

thats all I heard so far....................

IMO it surprises me that they are offering so much to us old timers,but I guess since we are the majority,they don't want another strike.
I should've posted this in labor relations,and can move it there but I thought it may be overlooked there,and its kinda important.
I'll keep anyone that cares posted with more details as they emerge

klein

Für Meno :)
Can't believe they would offer 4 x 10's ! That will open up a lot more jobs at UPS.
I would have taken 4 days , anytime.
About time, they worked on that pension plan , too.
And you meant $75 per year service, didn't you ?

Sounds good to me. But, that's whats the union is asking for ? Or is it more a done deal ?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
DS:

I didn't get your sway as to whether the offer was good or not.

Regardless, why not start a thread like the airline guys did? Like you're not being given what you deserve?

Just wondering.

DS

Fenderbender
DS:

Regardless, why not start a thread like the airline guys did? Like you're not being given what you deserve?

I don't know yet

Just wondering.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS:

Just wondering.

DS: There were no comments frfom you????

DS was simply presenting what he has heard about their new contract without comment or prejudice, unlike 2727.

Why must you always be argumentative?

BTW, I would love 4 x 10's.

airbusfxr

The 2727 guys have been without a contract for almost five years. Good luck, how much is the insurance. Signing bonus wont pay for 6 months of insurance. I hope they get all this and more, thanks to the RLA of 1929 we are in recess till the new E-board comes in next year. No wonder UPS wants a bailout.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
DS was simply presenting what he has heard about their new contract without comment or prejudice, unlike 2727.

Why must you always be argumentative?

BTW, I would love 4 x 10's.
4 tens at what cost? Would it still be time and half after 8? I doubt it. Like a previous poster, I'm sceptical of the one time bonus check. Unless you're retiring next year, a ten cent bigger raise would be much better than the bonus check in the long run. Make sure you read the fine print Canada.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not an OT junkie--I would be fine with the OT starting after 10.

I would also much prefer a larger raise than a small bonus.

There was no mention of health care--interesting.

klein

Ofcourse 4x10 would cut out the OT. I bet they'll still make you work the 5th day, and therefor get an all day OT day.
Ofcourse no mentioning of healthcare. Government pays that here.
Only thing that UPS provides extra is dental & percription drugs insurance. That would stay status quo, I highly assume.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ofcourse 4x10 would cut out the OT. I bet they'll still make you work the 5th day, and therefor get an all day OT day.
Ofcourse no mentioning of healthcare. Government pays that here.
Only thing that UPS provides extra is dental & percription drugs insurance. That would stay status quo, I highly assume.

Working the 5th day negates the advantages to the company of a 4 day workweek and would never happen.

OK--you got me on the healthcare thing.

upsgrunt

A few thoughts on the 4 X 10's:

1. Do you think that dispatch could keep you at 10 only? What would keep them from "pushing" the envelope like what is done already? I fear that the 10's would actually be 11 plus.

2. On your fifth day, if you wanted a little overtime, could you work, say once or twice a month? If so, there would be a slim chance that the extra day you did work UPS would have to be careful with DOT hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The dispatch would have to keep the airport shuttle and feeder pull times in mind when creating the dispatch.

Our local highway departments work a 4 x 10 schedule during the summer and love it.

While I would personally like the 4 x 10's I don't see it happening any time soon.

klein

The dispatch would have to keep the airport shuttle and feeder pull times in mind when creating the dispatch.

Our local highway departments work a 4 x 10 schedule during the summer and love it.

While I would personally like the 4 x 10's I don't see it happening any time soon.

Well to think of it, I seen UPS job ads, looking for p/t drivers.
They only earn $15 hr.
So, it could be savings for UPS, unless they hire 1 new driver, for every 4 workers that decide on 4x10 (but I doubt that).

But, yes, NYup, I worked in plants that have 4x10's. , but often ended up working 5 days anyways, esspecially during vacation time, or when someone is sick.
I took the money quite often, since they also paid double OT. And , many times got called in, because of someone not showing up.

But, it's ok. You don't have to go in. They usually beg....and you get a thank-you for comming in on your day off (would be something new for UPS management to do).

DS

Fenderbender
There's a union meeting tomorrow @10AM with all the facts.I'll be there and I'll post the offer tomorrow.

DS

Fenderbender
Heres the key points:
38% increase in pension multiplier from $56.60 to $78.00
Removal of 30 yr cap
Ability to retire at age 60 with no penalties

$500 signing bonus
$2.80 pay increase over 5 years
eyeglass coverage increased from $150 to $225
Christmas floater day can be taken as an optional anytime
Ability to request time off when needed

not sure how they plan to do this
We are to receive the teamsters packet and ballot by mail soon.

klein

Heres the key points:
38% increase in pension multiplier from $56.60 to $78.00
Removal of 30 yr cap
Ability to retire at age 60 with no penalties

$500 signing bonus
$2.80 pay increase over 5 years
eyeglass coverage increased from $150 to $225
Christmas floater day can be taken as an optional anytime
Ability to request time off when needed

not sure how they plan to do this
We are to receive the teamsters packet and ballot by mail soon.

Ofcourse, I hope you vote it down !