Can't do anything right

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 17.2 keys to diagnosing a concussion.

My son played HS football and got his bell rung 3 times. There are both obvious and subtle indicators of a possible concussion. In his case the obvious was staggering toward the wrong sideline. The subtle was the "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes. Concussions are nothing to joke about or screw around with.

I hope you get some lovin today. Sounds like it has been a while. :fingerscrossed:
I hope you get some lovin today. Sounds like it has been a while. :fingerscrossed:
tuesday night big boy. It's one of my questions. If my wife goes somewhere and talks about a woman she met or someone's mom I always ask if she is hot. When one of my boys talks to a woman while he's making a delivery I ask if she hot. It's just a question. Don't over analyze like a woman.

Indecisi0n

tuesday night big boy. It's one of my questions. If my wife goes somewhere and talks about a woman she met or someone's mom I always ask if she is hot. When one of my boys talks to a woman while he's making a delivery I ask if she hot. It's just a question. Don't over analyze like a woman.
Are you hot?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it's wrong to sue someone who had no control over the situation. You'd sue them for your own clumsiness? There was ice everywhere.

Depends on the situation. If this were the onset of the ice storm and there was clearly nothing the homeowner could have done to mitigate the situation I wouldn't sue. If the storm were over and days later the sidewalk remained untouched and I got hurt you're damn right I would sue.

upschuck

It is the homeowners responsibility to keep a clean walk path, depending how long after the event she fell would be the issue.

over9five

Staff member
Depends on the situation. If this were the onset of the ice storm and there was clearly nothing the homeowner could have done to mitigate the situation I wouldn't sue. If the storm were over and days later the sidewalk remained untouched and I got hurt you're damn right I would sue.
I agree with that. It was my impression that the freezing rain had just happened, which is why I wouldn't hold the homeowner responsible.

W

westsideworma

This is a part of what is wrong with this country....people suing over every damn little thing because its always someone else's fault. We need to own our mistakes for not being careful. I wasn't careful last year (slippery conditions) and my mirror got taken off the passenger side of my car when I slid a little and caught the mailbox on the side of the road, did I go after the homeowner for putting their mailbox too close to the road? (answer: no), I screwed up plain and simple and it cost me. I have no one to blame but me (and that mailbox for being so damn sturdy lol).

Granted I know you guys get blamed for everything (hit while parked, hit while at a stop sign, hit because someone ran a stop sign etc) and I think that is completely ridiculous (how could you avoid the stop sign ones realistically by anything other than calling into work that day?) but you have to draw the line somewhere.