Can't find packages

QualityLoads

I gave up talking to my loader. I just tell him good job when i see him on the way out when im coming in. The man is money he adds at least an hour of OT to my day. Preload can worry about training him im not touching a single thing or giving him advice off the clock. If they want me to train him, put me on the clock early. I had management tell me to come in early and sort so the day goes by easier. I almost :censored2:ing laughed in his face, lost a lot of respect for him.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would imagine at this time of year the only driver in the whole UPS system who doesn't miss a package or two and has to go back would be Upstate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would imagine at this time of year the only driver in the whole UPS system who doesn't miss a package or two and has to go back would be Upstate.

...and you would be right.....I very rarely have to go back to a stop for a missed package...207 stops and just under 600 packages on Friday....didn't miss a one...

S

selfcancelsignal

Whats worse is when you get a seasonal hire preloader who doesnt put any effort into the load at all. Yesterday my shelves weren't in order AT ALL. There were 2000 spa labels in the middle of my 2000 shelf and 2700 spa labels clear up at the front of the shelf. All he does is find where a package might fit and put it there. Not to mention that as soon as I make my first turn my 5000 or 7000 shelf has already flown off the shelf because it isnt even close to being secured.

I think I spent more than an hour yesterday just sorting my car. I ended up finding a bunch of packages I was missing because they weren't even on the right shelf. Needless to say I am showing up extra early on Monday to "talk" to this kid
You don't much sound like a clock sucker to me (in your last sentence).

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I open the bulkhead door and deliver the stops I see until I have floor space, then I start sorting, if I have to go back to a stop, so be it

Scot

OK based on the comments here I was thinking of doing the following:

Arrive early, line up all my 1000 stops and NDAs in order.

Go off trace to deliver aisle cloggers

After clearing the 1000 shelf, as I work on pulling packages from the 2000 shelf, I will create street piles on the bare 1000 shelf.

Continue with the same pattern until the lunchtime sort.

Another driver told me it's a waste of time to send the helper on streets with a handtruck. Should I let him off, or have him run the packages up to the houses?

UPSGUY72

I had a bricked out p500 Friday. Then they decided to bring the rest of the the packages that wouldn't fit out at 5:00 so I got to basically run my whole route over again. ( I went though all the packages that wouldn't fit in the car at the building and use the not found function in the DIAD so I wouldn't be looking for them) My helper sucks thank good I won't have him the rest of peak. I handed him a 42 in TV and he thought he was carrying oneside and me the other. So I just delivered it myself to save time.

One stop at a time. Help delivers you look for the next couple of stops. Repeat...

UPSGUY72

OK based on the comments here I was thinking of doing the following:

Arrive early, line up all my 1000 stops and NDAs in order.

Go off trace to deliver aisle cloggers

After clearing the 1000 shelf, as I work on pulling packages from the 2000 shelf, I will create street piles on the bare 1000 shelf.

Continue with the same pattern until the lunchtime sort.

Another driver told me it's a waste of time to send the helper on streets with a handtruck. Should I let him off, or have him run the packages up to the houses?

DON"T COME IN EARLY AND DON'T WORK OFF THE CLOCK

I never have given my helper a hand cart and packages it's a waste of time back tracking to pick him up and usually they still have package because they couldn't figure out how to deliver them...

UPSGUY72

Why would you use not found if you knew that they were bringing them out to you?

There 35 of them. I got rid of them from the DIAD screen so I wouldn't be searching for packages that were on the car( other words known as wasting time ) They are still in the board just not visible when they brought them out I just put them in order in the car and scanned when I got to the stop like any other...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There 35 of them. I got rid of them from the DIAD screen so I wouldn't be searching for packages that were on the car( other words known as wasting time ) They are still in the board just not visible when they brought them out I just put them in order in the car and scanned when I got to the stop like any other...

...or you can set the marker in EDD to by-pass those stops...

UPSGUY72

One package is no big deal as it is still in the DIAD, just not in EDD. He was talking about multiple packages which he would then have to deliver "old school".

Wrong they are still in the DIAD just not visible. just put in order and scan like normal when you get to the stop. I don't need my DIAD to set of the car I can do it by knowing the area...

EDD is a tool these days everyone uses it as a crutch....