Can't find packages

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My best advice to the OP (sorry for the on-topic)

Every time you move packages around, sort them. Don't move stuff around and do nothing with it, looking for another package.

AllOnTheHorses

Tell your loader to cram all of the 7000's and 8000's as far back as they go and not to worry about the order they are in.. have him load them starting at the back of the truck. This should free up space for lower numbered packages and will free up his time to get them right. To me, this helps immensely.. then after your 1st half of the day, you can set up the high numbered stuff with more room.
Hopefully his sup will leave him alone to do this.
edit- also having him pile the air in the cab or at back of truck CAN help.. depends.. but usually it is better to let you see all of your air and not have to dig to find it.

watdaflock?

I'm a seasonal delivery driver, my first and hopefully last season with ups. Before black Friday, I had about 170 stops on my route. I was finishing with only a slight overage. Now it's up to 240 with more packages. I can't find :censored2:! All the experienced drivers tell me I need to sort my truck. How am supposed to sort the truck when you can barely move in there? I spend a lot of time digging and leave many stops without all the packages delivered. It is very frustrating. I have to have stops taken off my truck every night. Any suggestions on how I can get better at finding packages?

Sounds like your loader is horrible.

9.5 everyday

This time of year, there's worse than having a package for your 2500 in the 2000 spot. I have told my loader I'm not worried about where the pals go, as long as they are on the right shelf. Jam as much on the shelves as possible. I want as little in the isle as possible. It only takes clearing your 1000 section to start breaking your truck down in small chunks. And I especially don't sweat having to run my route again cleaning up my stragglers, at that point I'm making $51.585 an hour anyway. Easy money.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you are done delivering, DO NOT use your board until you return to building. At peak, it is harder to refuse to help, but you can always reply, "Am I being forced."

Well, to comment on the last part of your statement, you cannot even reply because she is already bombarding your board with the stops she wants you to take rather than actually having the option to pick what stops (if any you want to "help" with). And the standard answer if there is a window to respond is always, yes you need to go help so and so. Peak I understand the helping and I can deal with that but the rest of the year, it's like a race to beat the OMS to the building before she can send out the green light.

WorknLateHuh

I wouldn't recommend breaking trace to deliver bulky items - it won't be that helpful and it will kill you on time.
Use your helper as a runner and keep him/her with you.

Getting the overweights and irregs out of there may not always save time, and may even hurt you, but it sure saves you the headache of climbing over that abomination of a mess and fighting the load for the next few hours. Sometimes its a psychological thing.

I do routes that are 200 miles of dirt and I do routes that are 80 miles of suburbs. every load scenario is different as far as judging and balancing what bulk is worth chasing.

As far as picking through random shelves... I think we can all agree that that's going to be a waste of time during peak with blown out trucks. Like everyone has been saying you go shelf by shelf, unless you have a really workable load.

Whargoul

My loader is so bad this year I'm about to punch him in his fat smelly face everyday I see him! I end up running my air and then parking my truck and sorting the entire thing for 1 hour everyday and then pick up my helper.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My loader is so bad this year I'm about to punch him in his fat smelly face everyday I see him! I end up running my air and then parking my truck and sorting the entire thing for 1 hour everyday and then pick up my helper.
Stevie Wonder and his twin brothers and sisters do an excellent job, come on man lmfao.

Whargoul

Stevie Wonder and his twin brothers and sisters do an excellent job, come on man lmfao.
I was told preload got done early today and then when I get to my truck there is 20 boxes laying on the ground and the back half of the truck is literally empty while the front is bricked to the ceiling.

9.5 everyday

I was told preload got done early today and then when I get to my truck there is 20 boxes laying on the ground and the back half of the truck is literally empty while the front is bricked to the ceiling.
That's because the preload sup said wrap it up, put everything on. So preload says ok, throws the stuff in regardless if it's yours or not, and rolls out. It's a classic move and happens all the time.

Ms.PacMan

Getting the overweights and irregs out of there may not always save time, and may even hurt you, but it sure saves you the headache of climbing over that abomination of a mess and fighting the load for the next few hours. Sometimes its a psychological thing.

I do routes that are 200 miles of dirt and I do routes that are 80 miles of suburbs. every load scenario is different as far as judging and balancing what bulk is worth chasing.

As far as picking through random shelves... I think we can all agree that that's going to be a waste of time during peak with blown out trucks. Like everyone has been saying you go shelf by shelf, unless you have a really workable load.

I'd be comfortable telling a regular driver to deliver bulky stuff but the OP is a seasonal driver. I just think time mgmt and having a feel for how long/short a break in trace takes is the hardest thing to get down when you're a new driver.

jbg77

Run your air then deliver bulk stops if you can get rid of both at the same time great if not at least you've made service and now you can walk.