Can't find rehire status?

Discoteka

Just can't stay away
Long story short - I worked at Brown in California in 2004-2006. Started as loader, became a PT Sup. I left for a variety of reasons. Now, nearly 10 years later, I find myself in need of a supplemental income without changing the routine my children have, and working night shift is really a perfect option. The hub I am applying at is in Tennessee.

When I filled out the application, they didn't ask for my SSN and my last name has changed through marriage. I checked the box that I worked for UPS before. I am scheduled for a tour on Monday (it is Friday morning currently), and I really don't want to waste anyone's time if I'm not eligible for rehire. Should I assume that since I was offered a tour that I'm OK? I submitted a question through the UPS jobs website attached through my application but have not received a response. I have also tried calling - the first number transferred me to "HR", but when they answered the phone they said they weren't really HR, and they couldn't answer my question for me.

I've read so many conflicting things on this forum about no rehires, PT sups can't be rehired, rehires for everyone...so I really don't know what to expect.

upschuck

If you were offered a tour, and need a job, I'd go, unless you were fired, the worst that could happen is that you wasted 30 minutes, and you could ask them and know for sure.

Discoteka

Just can't stay away
I was definitely not fired and was on good terms with the suits when I left. I don't see a reason that I would have been put on the No rehire list. In the information age, I'm just impatient :tongue_sm

Discoteka

Just can't stay away
Why wouldn't PT sups be eligible for rehire?

From what I have gathered from reading is that originally PT Sups were either a no rehire or they could only be rehired as a PT sup again. I have read that it was changed in 2014 that PT Sups could get rehired back as either hourly or sup...though I'm not sure which or what since it is only what I've read on forums.

And yes, I'm a she.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
From what I have gathered from reading is that originally PT Sups were either a no rehire or they could only be rehired as a PT sup again. I have read that it was changed in 2014 that PT Sups could get rehired back as either hourly or sup...though I'm not sure which or what since it is only what I've read on forums.

And yes, I'm a she.
You can be rehired as hourly union

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
PT sups aren't suppose to return to hourly status. A few years ago we had somebody get hired, work a few weeks, then get poop canned after UPS realized they had been a PT sup in the 1990s. BUT... that was during the height of the recession when landing a job at McDonald's was a big deal around here. UPS is so desperate for bodies here today that it plans to charter a bus into the Projects to get additional lift for peak season (boy, that sounds like a good idea). Thus, I suspect they'd look the other way if that situation arose today.

In your situation, they WILL find out; you will give them your SSN eventually after all (which will link you to the PT/management pension, and you'll maintain previous credit, so it may be a good thing). But as long as you're honest throughout the process... I wouldn't let it bother me.