Can't have 3 vacation weeks together?

Slappy600cc

I'm curious if there is a policy that does not allow employees to take 3 vacation weeks at once. My full time sup will only let me take 2 weeks together, even though no one else in my area is on vacation during the time I wanted. Any chance I could take this to the union and get results?

If you have the seniority to pick a week first you can take them all at once or spread them out. It`s your choice, Just picked mine, 7 weeks from the end of April till first week in June.

2Slow

You can here. Unless your local rider forbids it, you can where you are too. I've not heard of anyplace it isn't allowed.

UPSGUY72

I'm curious if there is a policy that does not allow employees to take 3 vacation weeks at once. My full time sup will only let me take 2 weeks together, even though no one else in my area is on vacation during the time I wanted. Any chance I could take this to the union and get results?

If there is an opening when it's your your turn to pick your vacation weeks you can pick what ever weeks are open. If your SUP gives you a problem go get a steward and have your Sup explain the problem to them. Maybe you Sup can produce a copy of this so called policy that the company and the union agreed upon about picking vacations.

rocket man

i think you are a wuss , you must ten years or better? you dont no how to get a round that?, call the union but i guess that would cost you having to use infomation to get the number> you have ten plus and you are asking on this . (anthoer person thats not involved.) you should hang with the guy on the other post who has 10 years in and wants to know if its hard being a driver you 2 would have a good conversation

UPSGUY72

i think you are a wuss , you must ten years or better? you dont no how to get a round that?, call the union but i guess that would cost you having to use infomation to get the number> you have ten plus and you are asking on this . (anthoer person thats not involved.) you should hang with the guy on the other post who has 10 years in and wants to know if its hard being a driver you 2 would have a good conversation

I think boonie, slappy600cc, and logb17 are the same person.

DS

Fenderbender
rocket_man_fromthehip.png

Good old rocketman,serving the browncafe since 2006.Always shoots from the hip.:happy-very:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

No.

Take them and enjoy!!

Slappy600cc

Nope, just will be hitting 3 years so just got 3 weeks. I figured my sup was just being a jerk off but didn't know for sure. Time to track down the invisible steward.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Well, now with that additional information you forgot to dish out, they might be right.

If your seniority date falls after the two weeks you have selected, they can make you wait until after your seniority date to choose that last week.

For example, your seniority date is august 23, and you want three weeks in june, it aint gonna happen. You get two weeks in June, and the other after the 23rd. Or you can have them back to back begining 14 days prior to the 23rd.

d

slantnosechevy

Next you'll be saying the Union Hall is invisible and they hold secret monthly meetings. If you can't find Union representation, put your big boy pants on and call the Hall and complain. My guess is he's in the office trying to bail out someone else who's never read their contract.

Well, now with that additional information you forgot to dish out, they might be right.

If your seniority date falls after the two weeks you have selected, they can make you wait until after your seniority date to choose that last week.

For example, your seniority date is august 23, and you want three weeks in June, it aint gonna happen. You get two weeks in June, and the other after the 23rd. Or you can have them back to back beginning 14 days prior to the 23rd.

d

We (705) are allowed to take anniversary weeks before the anniversary date but you won`t get paid until after the anniversary date for that week.