Can't speed

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I learned last night that I'm not capable of speeding anymore. I had to be somewhere after work last night and was on the highway in my personal car. Speed limit was 65 so I said I'm going to do 74 to try to get there in time. Every time I glanced down I was doing 65 again! I'm apparently not able to speed anymore.

Anyone else notice the same thing? In my teens and 20s I had no problems speeding...

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can't speed in work truck but have no issues in my personal car.
2014-08-07-14-21-33-1404174514.jpeg
Slow down Inde!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I learned last night that I'm not capable of speeding anymore. I had to be somewhere after work last night and was on the highway in my personal car. Speed limit was 65 so I said I'm going to do 74 to try to get there in time. Every time I glanced down I was doing 65 again! I'm apparently not able to speed anymore.

Anyone else notice the same thing? In my teens and 20s I had no problems speeding...

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

I set the cruise at 72 and watch the idiots fly by. I even wave to them as they are sitting on the side of the road with a cruiser parked behind them.

Tough Guy

On the highways I find that I tend to stick to 70 mph. I can cognitively go faster when I need to but after driving the package cars, it's like I subconsciously tend to go to 70 in my own car.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My 28 year old dinosaur doesn't have a governor on it. One of the cover guys warned me about it when I took over the route. He said he had it over 85 and no signs of it maxing out. I've noticed the speedometer seems a little off but believe him. (I don't personally care to try to max the thing out).

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No problems putting the HAMMER down here, but with that said im very conscious of how fast I am driving whether in the package car or personal vehicle. Just like to keep that drivers license clean lol. Just have to pick your spots if you decide to speed a lil more than normal.

Rainman

Its all good.
My 28 year old dinosaur doesn't have a governor on it. One of the cover guys warned me about it when I took over the route. He said he had it over 85 and no signs of it maxing out. I've noticed the speedometer seems a little off but believe him. (I don't personally care to try to max the thing out).
We had a batch of trucks several years back with engines that wouldn't quit, they just kept getting it till they blew. Sounds like you have one of those. We blew those engines repeatedly until the warranty ran out. When it blew no longer under warranty, it was replaced by another kind of engine. They ran like the wind, I enjoyed having mine while it lasted. Much better than the modern ones with a 68 mph governor.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I set the cruise at 72 and watch the idiots fly by. I even wave to them as they are sitting on the side of the road with a cruiser parked behind them.
72 (in 65mph zone) is my magic number also. I've passed way too more troopers than I could count while doing 72mph and not a single one of them ever gave me a second glance.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
72 (in 65mph zone) is my magic number also. I've passed way too more troopers than I could count while doing 72mph and not a single one of them ever gave me a second glance.
Yeah im 70 in a 55 max and 73 or so in a 65. 7 over usually in a towns speed limit. Never speed in a residential neighborhood, have respect for the people that live there, common courtesy.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I used to be a cop and 15 over would have gotten you stopped. I never stopped someone for less than 8 over and never wrote anyone for less than 10 over.
70 in a 55 is the norm nowadays on the highway where im at. Was told by a couple State Boys im friends with and they all say about 73 in a 55 and they will get you, unless your out of state anyways lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, it varies from area to area and even by the guy. Also, much like trying to stay off reports at work, if you stay in the middle of a pack of cars and stay out of the left lane you're more likely to get away with it. If you're hanging out in the left lane and don't have any cars in front of you for radar/laser cover you're gonna eventually get snagged.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, it varies from area to area and even by the guy. Also, much like trying to stay off reports at work, if you stay in the middle of a pack of cars and stay out of the left lane you're more likely to get away with it. If you're hanging out in the left lane and don't have any cars in front of you for radar/laser cover you're gonna eventually get snagged.
Agreed, play it smart for sure.