"CAN'T YOU READ?! THE NOTE SAID TO KNOCK SILENTLY!"

Nimnim

The Nim
From the number of stories he has made up I think he enjoys the drama.
Yeah, "made-up". Go pay for another bad DR ********.

Dude you are a trip!! Can't wait for another story. They are hilarious.

Looking at the threads you've created you either live in customer hell and the worst UPS center in existence, or you're making things up to have fun here. You claim you can write tons about the good but that'd be boring, so instead you come up with numerous threads with experiences the average driver would have worked years to come up with.

I'll be completely honest, when I see a thread started by you the only reason I read it is hopefully someone has some good advice for the scenario you paint if someone ever actually experiences it.

Last edited by a moderator:
reminds me of a house I went to many years ago.....note on door said knock firmly but softly because that's what we like here soft firm knockers......I was rewarded with what only could of been one of the most beautiful women come to the door with what only could of been soft firm knockers....lol

Marne Vet

Looking at the threads you've created you either live in customer hell and the worst UPS center in existence, or you're making things up to have fun here. You claim you can write tons about the good but that'd be boring, so instead you come up with numerous threads with experiences the average driver would have worked years to come up with.

I'll be completely honest, when I see a thread started by you the only reason I read it is hopefully someone has some good advice for the scenario you paint if someone ever actually experiences it.

Been doing this for 20 years in the same Center that is mostly made-up of some really crappy areas. These kind of encounters are what we consider normal. When we consider the middle finger as our Center's "wave", you know something is jacked-up in this area. You guys are lucky. The ones that get to deliver in these suburban upscale areas where people make you cookies, know you by name, and leave warm apple Pie to cool on their window ledges. Here, there are bars on windows, gates over screen doors, and people scream "WHO IS IT?!" at the top of their lungs when you knock because they're afraid you're the cops, or there to rob them. It's just your average day in the "hood".

oldngray

nowhere special
Been doing this for 20 years in the same Center that is mostly made-up of some really crappy areas. These kind of encounters are what we consider normal. When we consider the middle finger as our Center's "wave", you know something is jacked-up in this area. You guys are lucky. The ones that get to deliver in these suburban upscale areas where people make you cookies, know you by name, and leave warm apple Pie to cool on their window ledges. Here, there are bars on windows, gates over screen doors, and people scream "WHO IS IT?!" at the top of their lungs when you knock because they're afraid you're the cops, or there to rob them. It's just your average day in the "hood".

The driver in an area next to mine (a worse area) would collect shell casings in the alley from shootings and keep track of the murder totals - it often started slow but they made up for it in the summer when things got hot.

HomeDelivery

reminds me of a house I went to many years ago.....note on door said knock firmly but softly because that's what we like here soft firm knockers......I was rewarded with what only could of been one of the most beautiful women come to the door with what only could of been soft firm knockers....lol

did she invite you in for some Sweet Tea?

i've got a few of those, but that doesn't start until the late spring through summer when i cover certain routes:chaseups:

Back first

What is with all the hostility. If you don't like his rants don't read them. I had quite a few altercations with customers, just not as entertaining as Marne Vet . I like his stories make me laugh every time.

Squint

No more work for me!
Back to reality here and just to lighten things up...
Years ago I delivered to a town that was so poor they didn't charge the people who lived within the confines of the city a state tax. So I'm covering for a driver on vacation and I knock on the door lightly only to hear a faint "come in". Now, I'm on someone else's route, in an unfamiliar city and I'm certainly not going to "come in". So I knock again. And again I hear a faint "come on in I said". So after another knock and an explanation that I can't enter his residence I finally decide to open the door only to be met by this man ROLLING to the door. You guessed it, the man had no arms and no legs! He signed the sheet (on paper back then) with the pen in his mouth and I told him he could have the pen, thanked him and promptly left. I got many laughs throughout the years on that story.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

I love the ghetto, son. I tell all the guys in my center that deliver 220 a day to bland, suburban conformia that if they ever want to step up to the big leagues and be a real UPS driver, hop on one of the 4 or 5 routes in our center that deliver to the hood.

It's much better here anyway. I only do 120-130 stops per day in a tight 12-15 block radius. No need to run, hell, you can't run because everything needs a signature. I have one section about three miles outside of town that's driver release. I go in there, deliver 20 stops and I think to myself "why would anyone want to do this for 10 hours a day, it's so damn boring".

oldngray

nowhere special
If you deliver in ghetto you get to know the people and many are really good people, especially the older ones who have lived in their house for many years. The problems are with apartments and transients that constantly move around and have no roots in the community. I got more respect and even better gifts from those poor people with little than from upper middle class snobs who are only focused on moving to upper class.

Future

Victory Ride
Lol this reminds me of one of my most unpleasant stops ever. Apartment so I need a signature. Lady says give me a minute. Ok I wait and wait and wait for what seems like forever since this is an air package and I still have more to get off. Finally door opens.

This lady had to be 500+ lbs. She had moved her king size bed and pushed it up against her L shaped sectional so she could just lay there 24/7 I assume. I'm pretty sure she couldn't remove her own t shirt because it looked like it was starting to rot away on her body. Holes all over this thing. I get a signature and am almost in the clear when a large hole in her shirt catches my eye. What is that you say? A nipple!!! The biggest damn nipple I've ever seen sitting about an inch above her belly button.

Ok just thinking about it means I'm going to have night terrors all over again. So I hope you enjoyed.
But was she hot?

bill blutnach

The note said don't knock loud. You know what that means?!" Me, "Yes, it means don't knock at all. How do you knock silently? Pretend to knock and use telepathy?" I don't think either of them knew what telepathy was, and probably thought it was an old map reference. Next the woman says "Don't bang on my door again! Got it?" All I said was "Yes ma'am. Roger that. I won't knock on your door again", and the morons both in sync said "Good". I don't think they understood that I said I would not be knocking on their door ever again, and since the bell is broken, can pretty much guarantee any future deliveries will be getting post carded.

Life is like a box of chocolates, and they're all stupid.

did you interrupt the ghetto sex yes?

UPSGUY72

I don't knock on doors or ring door bells unless they need to sign for a package. If there is a note don't knock or ring bells and they need to sign I leave and info notice and on to the next stop.

Next time you could always use what my SUP calls the Puerto Rican door bell lay on your horn so everyone in the neighborhood looks out there window to see if it's for them. I don't use that method either...

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If you deliver in ghetto you get to know the people and many are really good people, especially the older ones who have lived in their house for many years. The problems are with apartments and transients that constantly move around and have no roots in the community. I got more respect and even better gifts from those poor people with little than from upper middle class snobs who are only focused on moving to upper class.

Amen. I've never once had a problem working in the hood. Only speak to someone if spoken to and never look at someone in their face too long and you'll be just fine.

After enough time passes, you're accepted as part of the neighborhood and it will get to the point where the locals will have your back if there ever was an issue.