"CAN'T YOU READ?! THE NOTE SAID TO KNOCK SILENTLY!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1) Huh?

2) See above.

72, I noticed you disliked my post. Why? Our job is to "knock, drop, roll". Just curious, how many concerns, if any, have you received for "not knocking"? As for "not knocking" on a 42 or A8 and instead standing there and filling out an info notice, how is that your decision to make? If you have to get an autograph knock on the damn door and get an autograph----it's really that simple. You are creating an unnecessary send again and possibly creating an inconvenience for the consignee if they decided to put it on SDWC. It is not your decision whether or not to knock----follow the methods.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
72, I noticed you disliked my post. Why? Our job is to "knock, drop, roll". Just curious, how many concerns, if any, have you received for "not knocking"? As for "not knocking" on a 42 or A8 and instead standing there and filling out an info notice, how is that your decision to make? If you have to get an autograph knock on the damn door and get an autograph----it's really that simple. You are creating an unnecessary send again and possibly creating an inconvenience for the consignee if they decided to put it on SDWC. It is not your decision whether or not to knock----follow the methods.
71ccfd862ae6a083e5f8897a7bccdc93.jpeg

UPSGUY72

As I says I don't knock on doors unless they need to sign then I also don't walk up stairs in the winter time unless I have to it eliminate a potential chance for failing. When I do I ring the bell I immediately follow up with knocking unless there is a note tell me not to ring the bell or knock. Then I do a service cross knock again and write out an info notice scan it and back to the car all in less than 30 sec. There is no such thing as knocking softly. I deliver to a lot of State police and if there car is in the driveway there are most likely sleeping. I'm not knocking some even put up signs that say don't knock or ring bell just leave package. If they have to sign I leave a info notice.

The only concern that I have gotten lately is from my helper that I fired telling a customer off and the clerk and my SUP new it wasn't me because the customer said the person knock and left the package in the rain and walked away. As for follow ups I get very few and if any. I don't hide my packages I put them out of sight and where the home owner would basically trip over them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a delivery for a house once with an apt in the back, I really didnt want to go back there, really hoody....... The guy comes to the window and shouts down "you need to bring that to the back, and up the stairs" I m P'oed, and scared, I say "what are your legs broke?" But I do it, the man only had one leg:ashamed:, but he obviously didnt hear me, and he was a nice man.

Marne Vet

Do you all "beep" at every stop ?? That used to be in the rules.

It's a last second decision when pulling up to the next stop. If there doesn't look like there's any place to safely DR the package, then I'll hit the horn. You hear horns and sirens so much in the hood that blowing it at every stop doesn't make anyone come to the door. They don't even come to the door when you knock.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hub just hired 18 people last week. HR telling people old contract points, and not even mentioning the new contract. Don't know if that is a legal thing or not.

These people are being hired and will be governed by the contract currently in place. Now, any HR person worth his/her salt should mention the pending contract and provide a link to where new hires can read the new contract at their convenience, although both you and I know that this would never happen.

upschuck

These people are being hired and will be governed by the contract currently in place. Now, any HR person worth his/her salt should mention the pending contract and provide a link to where new hires can read the new contract at their convenience, although both you and I know that this would never happen.
A couple of them are big guys, so that would be a lot of salt, ergo a lot of worth(that is iffy).:biggrin: So they are not legally hindered in mentioning the yet to be totally ratified contract?

UPSGUY72

I don't beep if I'm beep my horn it to give someone driving or walking that I'm around and they need to wake up. People these day work all different shifts and 95% + of the residential stops can be DR so beeping a horn isn't needed. The less human interaction the better and the less people that know I'm out delivering a package the less chances are that someone is going to try to steal it.