car accident, not at fault....

nystripe96

I was rear ended by a driver that may have fallen asleep at the wheel and was under the influence. He blew a .04 not .08 unfortunately. I really want to get myself on the FT driver list, but I don't know how this no fault accident is going to mess up my chances. My understanding is UPS has a no tolerance policy for accidents regardless of whose at fault. If that's truly the case, now I can't get on the list till next Nov :( When I saw this guy I could've sworn he was drunk and way over the legal limit. The fact that he was under means I'm going to be a UPS loader forever, ughhh. Ayudame....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was rear ended by a driver that may have fallen asleep at the wheel and was under the influence. He blew a .04 not .08 unfortunately. I really want to get myself on the FT driver list, but I don't know how this no fault accident is going to mess up my chances. My understanding is UPS has a no tolerance policy for accidents regardless of whose at fault. If that's truly the case, now I can't get on the list till next Nov :( When I saw this guy I could've sworn he was drunk and way over the legal limit. The fact that he was under means I'm going to be a UPS loader forever, ughhh. Ayudame....

This will have no effect on your becoming a UPS Driver.
I assume you were not ticketed since you were rear-ended.

However, once you become a UPS Driver, all accidents will be avoidable ... it will not mean anything except you would not get a Safe Driving award gift.
But those gifts are cheesy and cheap so no big deal.
Except the turkey ... that's a big deal. You will not get your turkey taken away from you because of the accident.

OK, back to work ... you need to pick it up and clean those rollers off.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This will have no effect on your becoming a UPS Driver.
I assume you were not ticketed since you were rear-ended.

However, once you become a UPS Driver, all accidents will be avoidable ... it will not mean anything except you would not get a Safe Driving award gift.
But those gifts are cheesy and cheap so no big deal.
Except the turkey ... that's a big deal. You will not get your turkey taken away from you because of the accident.

OK, back to work ... you need to pick it up and clean those rollers off.
Why does he get a turkey and I don't???
That's not fair. I'm telling. DAD!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stripe, NY has two different classifications for drunk driving. DWAI is for those who have a BAC between .05 and .08 while DWI is for those who have a BAC of .08 or higher. DWAI is a traffic conviction while DWI is a felony. As Hoke said, this accident will have absolutely no bearing on your chance to become a driver.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Really, Nancy?
Where was the zero tolerance part, Nancy?
The under 21 .02 part, Nancy?
What was the age of the driver, Nancy?
Was the driver a commercial driver, Nancy?
They have a .02 limit, also.
Huh, Nancy?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stripe was not the driver who was being cited so therefore has no need for the link you provided.

I know it is sometimes hard to keep up when you are no longer in the game.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is hard when I have to go get my nails and hair done today. I will be enjoying my workout at the Y, working on making my rear even sweeter than it already is. Thank you, UPS. I will enjoy my lunch with my girlfriends, instead of looking at, yet another, useless message on the Diad. Yes, Nancy, it is hard. It was difficult yesterday, too. Had to endure ice cold beers at the Tilted Kilt. Had to endure the cute, almost 15 years younger, manager there giving me his phone number. Yes, Nancy, very hard.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It is hard when I have to go get my nails and hair done today. I will be enjoying my workout at the Y, working on making my rear even sweeter than it already is. Thank you, UPS. I will enjoy my lunch with my girlfriends, instead of looking at, yet another, useless message on the Diad. Yes, Nancy, it is hard. It was difficult yesterday, too. Had to endure ice cold beers at the Tilted Kilt. Had to endure the cute, almost 15 years younger, manager there giving me his phone number. Yes, Nancy, very hard.
They have 14 year old managers at the Tilted Kilt?

nystripe96

He blew a .04, and was sleeping when I went to exchange info. He was not legally DUI so I'm really frustrated. HR told me my first day any accident sets potential drivers back one year. Doesn't matter whose at fault

over9five

Staff member
Your car, not your fault, off property (I assume)..... They'll never even hear about it.
Don't worry, this should not affect your driving chance.