I don't have any on my phone.

Until then:
Cat car pics!
image.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Originally Posted by cachsux
So where would you spend your millions?

I love Mopars too. I'd give a nut for a cherry 69 Charger. Should be an even trade as they've been kept pristine in my wife's purse.
Would like to have poured them into my wife's Grandma's 68 Charger when she passed away. All original and nearly perfect. Just a little surface rust and a few minor hickeys. White with red interior and all 4 hubcaps. 383. Not an R/T, but extremely nice. Alas, her other immediate relatives got dibs on it. Just needed an exhaust and radiator repairs to run. I grind my teeth every time I think about it.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/meaningless-fluff-335525/index1103.html#ixzz2bqm6tJ1K

i recently told my parents about my first car, early 70's challenger, I'm not a car guy but I know it only had a 6. It was a total POS, that we bought off some old couple for around a grand. Drove it all over my small little town for the summer then, brought it back to a family farm where it finally met its demise.
The best part of the story??? We were only 13!!

The first stuff I drove were my moms Pontiacs. Got my license in a mid 70s Bonneville with a 455.

On the subject of Fast and Loud and other shows of their ilk. It just drives me crazy when they do the "we just spent thousands on paint and wheels and now they don't fit!" Anybody who's a real builder would have put that car together twice to check fit and finish before they'd take it apart for paint.

oldngray

nowhere special
The first stuff I drove were my moms Pontiacs. Got my license in a mid 70s Bonneville with a 455.

On the subject of Fast and Loud and other shows of their ilk. It just drives me crazy when they do the "we just spent thousands on paint and wheels and now they don't fit!" Anybody who's a real builder would have put that car together twice to check fit and finish before they'd take it apart for paint.

Lucky you. I learned on a 72 Maverick with 3 on the tree :sick:. And its amazing how those car shows can do a paint job on the very last night (supposedly) and look perfect the next morning.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Loved the Pontiac 455.
​i got my license in the old mans 86 grand national. That was a fun car

Lucky you. I learned on a 72 Maverick with 3 on the tree :sick:. And its amazing how those car shows can do a paint job on the very last night (supposedly) and look perfect the next morning.

Live painted my own cars and there is no way they can get much past shooting the clear and let it dry overnight. A show quality paint job needs to cure for a couple of days before wet sanding can begin and that's all hand labor.

​Id take a Maverick now. All the aftermarket Mustang parts fit underneath and you won't see yourself coming down the street.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Originally Posted by cachsux
So where would you spend your millions?

I love Mopars too. I'd give a nut for a cherry 69 Charger. Should be an even trade as they've been kept pristine in my wife's purse.
Would like to have poured them into my wife's Grandma's 68 Charger when she passed away. All original and nearly perfect. Just a little surface rust and a few minor hickeys. White with red interior and all 4 hubcaps. 383. Not an R/T, but extremely nice. Alas, her other immediate relatives got dibs on it. Just needed an exhaust and radiator repairs to run. I grind my teeth every time I think about it.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/meaningless-fluff-335525/index1103.html#ixzz2bqm6tJ1K

i recently told my parents about my first car, early 70's challenger, I'm not a car guy but I know it only had a 6. It was a total POS, that we bought off some old couple for around a grand. Drove it all over my small little town for the summer then, brought it back to a family farm where it finally met its demise.
The best part of the story??? We were only 13!!

I owned a 69 Charger from 1978 to about 1988. I just loved that car. Triple black for the first 5 years, then had it painted yellow with a Super Bee stripe around the rear. Jacked up with M50-15's on the rear. Cranked the torsion bars up in the front. The car sat high and level. I saved up for headers, but didn't have the cash for the glass packs, so I drove it open headers for a couple months. Guys at work said they could hear me coming from miles away. lol Drove that car right into the ground.

It finally pushed a leaf spring through the trunk and I sold it for $250. The guy handed me cash and wanted to come back the next day when we both had more time to do the paperwork. He showed up 5 years later looking for the title. I told him, "I've got it right here, I knew you'd be back".

I've owned some nice cars since then. I just bought a new Ram Express, flame red, standard cab, short bed with a Hemi, but I'd rather have that beat up Charger back. No car has ever made me feel the way that one did...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah when fast and loud did the Frankenstein truck. The wheels and tires and didn't fit and I'm like your kidding me that's your job.

On a side note I'm in Vegas right now and I think we are going to check out the counts auto museum.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah when fast and loud did the Frankenstein truck. The wheels and tires and didn't fit and I'm like your kidding me that's your job.

On a side note I'm in Vegas right now and I think we are going to check out the counts auto museum.
Hi to Danny, Steve, Horny Mike. Danny also has Vamp'd (club) with live bands (including his). Count's Vamp'd, Las Vegas

I will be there on Thursday and plan to see Rick, Chumley and the old man Gold & Silver Pawn Shop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well we had some friends go the pawn shop. The biggest complaint there they said is that the ppl u see on tv are never there and there can be a line out the door to get in.

Good luck though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well we had some friends go the pawn shop. The biggest complaint there they said is that the ppl u see on tv are never there and there can be a line out the door to get in.

Good luck though.
Maybe early morning will work.....those Vegas folks are late sleepers.
Rick just got married here a couple weeks ago.......nearby

Rico

My father just got this 1941 Ford Deluxe on the road. He had another in the shop.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-friend-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/892542_635555569796706_820043039_o.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Live painted my own cars and there is no way they can get much past shooting the clear and let it dry overnight. A show quality paint job needs to cure for a couple of days before wet sanding can begin and that's all hand labor.

​Id take a Maverick now. All the aftermarket Mustang parts fit underneath and you won't see yourself coming down the street.

I had a 74 Maverick with a 200 six and a C4. I had it well tuned and it was invisible to everybody except a cop with a radar gun. The front suspension on them sucked. The A upper arm bushings were a terrible design and constantly needed lube to keep them quiet.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I had a 74 Maverick with a 200 six and a C4. I had it well tuned and it was invisible to everybody except a cop with a radar gun. The front suspension on them sucked. The A upper arm bushings were a terrible design and constantly needed lube to keep them quiet.

Knew a girl in high school who had one. Called it "Squeaky Mavreeky".