Car and Bike Talk

texan

I am still pondering Serenity's auto, but here is another to wonder about.
pebble-beach-best-of-show-6-620x465_zps23c64a1e.jpg

I admire the craftsmanship but it leans a little to the artsy side for me. I prefer the mid 50s- late 60s sportscars if I were at a show.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I admire the craftsmanship but it leans a little to the artsy side for me. I prefer the mid 50s- late 60s sportscars if I were at a show.
I agree. I saw these Saturday, at the local "old home day" parade. I motioned to the lady in the nova to spin the tires, & she actually did! Nice.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I agree. I saw these Saturday, at the local "old home day" parade. I motioned to the lady in the nova to spin the tires, & she actually did! Nice.

Sweet 70 Charger.

Wonder if that's an original Yenko Nova? There's a Nova of that body style for sale off the side of the highway on my way home. I've noticed it for years. Wonder what shape it's in.

​Serenity, might that be a Sears?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The strangest encounter I've ever had with a classic American car was in Austria in 1984. It was in some little town area outside Salzburg. It was a coffin-nose Cord sporting Texas plates. I was nearly run over minutes later in a crosswalk by a tour bus running a red light.

Big Babooba

View attachment 9824

Photo from Bonneville Speedweek. I so want this.
My grandparents owned a bakery. They had a couple! Late 40's - early 50's International Harvester Metro van. My grandfather and my father both drove them. They got rid of the last one around late 1963- early 1964. I used to "drive" it when I was a little tike. I cried when it got towed away. Incidentally, it was painted brown. I guess my fate was sealed when I was 4 years old.

S

serenity now

car.jpg

This is a 1948 Playboy made by the Playboy Motor Car Corp. of Buffalo, New York.
Only 97 were produced before the company went bankrupt.

Below is the hood emblem.
hood emblem.jpg
car.jpg
hood emblem.jpg

Returntosender

car_zps31e19188.jpg
The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento...

A carbon fiber supercar with a 570-hp engine. Goes 0-62 mph in 2.5 seconds and has a top speed of 217 mph. It's purely a track car, not street legal. It has a price tag over $2.5 million and only 20 will be made. All were pre-sold last year but delivery in 2013

Rico

That is a Delahaye. Spelling may be incorrect. Gorgeous cars. They're on my " win the lottery, buy one " bucket list.

There is only one thing on 'my win the lottery, buy one list.' A P-51D Mustang. Then, if I had enough money left, I'd do two chicks at the same time, man. 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.