Car and Bike Talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The Cherokee we had was the GM Iron Duke 4cyl. Not fast, but dependable.

The Grand Cherokee I took to auction (my retirement job) was the 4.0l six.
The 4.0 is a good one. The factory header is prone to cracking. An injector upgrade with 4 hole nozzles gives you better power and mileage. Very easy to perform.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see Ford is introducing a 750 hp Shelby friend-150 at SEMA this year. I wonder how far into the muck 750 ponys will get you stuck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
819359e32e54bd6b50905bb2d014d836.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years

I have a friend who does that with every vehicle he owns. He has never had an oil change in any of his company bought rides (and they would pay for that also). He gets a new Suburban every 5 years and the local car dealer automatically sends the trade-in to an auction in Minneapolis because he knows it would be a tough sale around here. He usually has anywhere from 75 to 125 K on them. Needless to say my friend is about the laziest guy you would ever know.

rod

Retired 22 years
This track (known now as Brainerd International Raceway (BIR) was opened in 1968 (the year I was drafted). Now days it is known more for the big NHRA Nationals drag race that is held there every Aug. I went to one road race there in 1970 and found out road racing wasn't my cup of tea. Paul Neuman raced there several times. In this clip it is interesting to see the older cars competing and also to check out all the good looking "hippie chicks". Its not too exciting but it does get better at about 3:00.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
This track (known now as Brainerd International Raceway (BIR) was opened in 1968 (the year I was drafted). Now days it is known more for the big NHRA Nationals drag race that is held there every Aug. I went to one road race there in 1970 and found out road racing wasn't my cup of tea. Paul Neuman raced there several times. In this clip it is interesting to see the older cars competing and also to check out all the good looking "hippie chicks". Its not too exciting but it does get better at about 3:00.

I usually try to make it to the annual NW Historics event at Pacific Raceways. They have a class of cars like this.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Seriously -----could they use any worse music?---- for both videos
Sophisticated old dudes I guess with money. What music was there in the second one apart from the mechanical type? Red Barchetta by Rush would have been good.

Last edited: