Car and Bike Talk

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Let me see, that red Falcon, the blue Sunbeam Tiger, and either of the Alfas at the beginning of the first video.

Yeah, I could live with any one of them.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Sunbeam Tigers are cool. Poor man's Cobra. Maxwell Smart had one. Saw an unfinished project one in pieces on Ebay would have loved to get.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I used to (in college) know guy who had one. Sold it and bought a 289 Cobra. His girlfriend wrecked that. Then, he bought a big-block Cobra. Both aluminum, both for real.
Real Cobras are too precious to drive these days. A replica is the way to go if you want to play with it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Real Cobras are too precious to drive these days. A replica is the way to go if you want to play with it.

Agreed. But I'm talking 40+ years ago. They weren't nearly as pricey as they are now.

This guy sent through a bunch of sports cars, moving up every time he sold one. Hell, back then I knew a guy with a real GT-350 that was his year-round daily driver.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not too much if any if you take into account the aluminum heads and intake the 5.0 has.

So, hopefully not many front suspension parts would have to be changed. I wonder how many changes were made from the Alpine to the Tiger?

I have a line on a one owner 1974 TR-6. Really thinking it over.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lotus C-01.jpg

A Lotus C-01 designed by the same guy as the Tron light cycle