Car and Bike Talk

MAKAVELI

Oh yeah, people will get crazy numbers out of it. But that's any car, all depends how much money you want to spend. I could spend 1500$ and have an 800hp monster if I wanted.
True but its all about putting that power to the ground. A small lightweight all wheel drive car with 400+ horsepower is a blast to drive on the track , street , snow, or in any type of weather or road condition.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Folks, would like some feedback on this one.
I know a guy has a '79 Firebird (not sure of engine/trans combo, but do know it is a V-8 all numbers matching, 100% stock)
His Wife bought it as her first car.Failed Emissions in the mid 90's, so they have had it parked in the garage ever since. No body damage except for the obligatory door dings, paint is still great.
He wants to have it restored one day.
I say to pull the original engine and trans, put in good used drivetrain, keep the original in the garage untouched, and make it driveable as it sits, no restoration, it is only original 1 time.
Best route to go on it?
Is it a car I should consider buying if he decides to sell, and what price?
Getting it to pass emissions should be easy, provided you know what to do about the nature of the failure.

My 01 Dodge Viper R/T10
01 viper.jpg