car insurance

Indecisi0n

Since we have good health insurance do you pay for supplemental personal injury insurance under you car insurance policy?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No but I do carry supplemental health and disability insurance from Combined.

I have heard that you can buy Unemployment Insurance but am unsure whom I would contact for that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
After the way that Liberty Mutual shafted me at work on a couple of work injuries, there is no way in the world that I would buy anything from them.

UPSGUY72

I have a better and cheaper home and car insurance policy with Safety Insurance then what liberty Mutual quote me and I have a local person that I can talk to if something happens. Shop around don't think just because your getting a "DISCOUNT" your getting a better deal.

Indecisi0n

I have a better and cheaper home and car insurance policy with Safety Insurance then what liberty Mutual quote me and I have a local person that I can talk to if something happens. Shop around don't think just because your getting a "DISCOUNT" your getting a better deal.

Well I compared them to my current insurance and with just about the same coverage they are 600.00 a year cheaper. I called my current insurance and asked him why such a big difference in premiums when the coverage is almost identical? His answer "I don't know." Which in my mind says "bye bye." I been with this company since i started driving and now I am with LM. I just didn't know if there was something I am missing . I have never been in an accident and have never used insurance for anything so I personally can't say one is better than the other because i have nothing to compare it to.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I compared them to my current insurance and with just about the same coverage they are 600.00 a year cheaper. I called my current insurance and asked him why such a big difference in premiums when the coverage is almost identical? His answer "I don't know." Which in my mind says "bye bye." I been with this company since i started driving and now I am with LM. I just didn't know if there was something I am missing . I have never been in an accident and have never used insurance for anything so I personally can't say one is better than the other because i have nothing to compare it to.

Often insurance companies will give you a good deal to sign on with them but in a short time they will manage to jack up their rates to what the one you quit was charging you. Also you have to really be sure you are comparing apples to apples. What really ticks me off is when a business you leave has the nerve to tell you " why didn't you come see us-we would have matched those prices". All that tells me is that they were overcharging me all along.

L

Loufan

After the way that Liberty Mutual shafted me at work on a couple of work injuries, there is no way in the world that I would buy anything from them.

Liberty Mutual is a terrible company. Luckily i've never had to use them for work but I had them for car insurance and they were a pain to deal with.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The best car insurance company to use is probably USAA, but you have to be a vet or closely related to one to get it. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get it. They don't insure bikers either.

klein

Für Meno :)
I pay $500/year or $45 monthly - just straight 1 Million liability . Get airmiles , too (1 for every $20 spent).
Johnson Inc, Canada

Notretiredyet

I've always wondered why Liberty Mutual has never offered car insurance at a reduced rate for those in the circle of honor. Seems like a no brainer to me, if you can go that long under the UPS microscope without an accident you must be doing something right. Not that I would buy it myself, as I like others have had issues thru the years with them.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I have AAA for my homeowners & auto. I have the policy limits increased over the base policy. Just a little extra peace of mind for me. For the motorcycles, we have progressive bought thru a local agency. It's cheap & thank god we've never needed to use it.

bluehdmc

The best car insurance company to use is probably USAA, but you have to be a vet or closely related to one to get it. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get it. They don't insure bikers either.

I think USAA used to be better, it used to be for officers and family. Now any vet can get insurance, they do insure bikers, but they use Progressive. I get my car insurance from NJ Manufacturers, but they don't insure motorcycles. I contacted USAA when I heard they would now insure enlisted soldiers, they told me they use Progressive and the rates were about the same or more than I was then paying. They do offer some other financial services though.

Notretiredyet

I think USAA used to be better, it used to be for officers and family. Now any vet can get insurance, they do insure bikers, but they use Progressive. I get my car insurance from NJ Manufacturers, but they don't insure motorcycles. I contacted USAA when I heard they would now insure enlisted soldiers, they told me they use Progressive and the rates were about the same or more than I was then paying. They do offer some other financial services though.
Hey blue, what do you ride? Did you get out yesterday? Did a polar bear run yesterday, best one yet it was in the 50's and sunny. I ride a SG for touring and a Sportster for work and bar hopping.

A

anonymous6

I changed to Liberty Mutual for our discount. There are so many coverage options it becomes confusing.

liberty mutual sucks. they cancelled our home insurance with no notice because we live in the sierra and in fire danger. meanwhile we have been having record snow and rain.

we switched to Ameriprise thru Costco 3 years ago and we're very happy so far. they even provide free road assistance and free Identity theft protection with our auto and home insurance. and we save $250 a year too boot over Liberty.

menotyou

bella amicizia
liberty mutual sucks. they cancelled our home insurance with no notice because we live in the sierra and in fire danger. meanwhile we have been having record snow and rain.

we switched to Ameriprise thru Costco 3 years ago and we're very happy so far. they even provide free road assistance and free Identity theft protection with our auto and home insurance. and we save $250 a year too boot over Liberty.
I'd never give Liberty one penny of my money.

HomeDelivery

if UPS was smart, they should pair up with an auto insurance company for a worker-discount... look at all the thousands of UPS drivers that need to keep a clean driving record! (ditto w/ the purple company)

moreluck

golden ticket member
When we changed car ins. years & years ago, I did all the phone calling for the prices for the coverage we had.

Liberty Mutual was the highest quote of 30 + different companies.

UPSGUY72

if UPS was smart, they should pair up with an auto insurance company for a worker-discount... look at all the thousands of UPS drivers that need to keep a clean driving record! (ditto w/ the purple company)

There is one problem you don't need a clean driving record. You only need no moving violations in the year before your start driving...