Car Parts

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Glad the weather was nice enough to fix that exploder.
I'm lucky enough to have a great friend that's a mechanic with his own shop. He lets me treat the garage as my own. It's nice working on stuff inside on a lift if need be.

Brown stains

Does any one know why only one of
My wiper blade arms work ??My driver side doesn't work at all ?
Tried to tighten nut at end of wiper
Still won't work ... Can move it by hand freely... 2003 ford f150..nice during snow on way home from work
Hope it's nice out tommorow

rod

Retired 22 years
And today was great, too. Think it took all of 20 minutes.

I was THRILLED to get started on it. Started a major project yesterday of putting together a quilting table for wifey. Stopped that at game time, and finished today.
Cars are way easier than quilting tables....!

What's with all this quilting BS. I had to build the wife a portable quilting table that sits on top of an ironing board yesterday. It wasn't exactly rocket science to build it but it did interrupt my afternoon nap. The good part is is that she is going to a quilting retreat for four days staring Thursday so old Rod is free to roam the countryside once again. Sorry about the thread hijack.
Ok here is a automotive question. My 2008 Silverado likes to show me the "check engine" light a couple of times a year. It never lasts long enough to get it in to have it looked at. I believe it is something with the gas cap. I know that is the first thing to check if you're "check engine" light comes on. Has anyone ever cured a sick horse like this with a new gas cap? How about just replacing the gas cap seal. Or maybe I should just stick a piece of black tape over the "check engine" light like our UPS mechanic used to do.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What's with all this quilting BS. I had to build the wife a portable quilting table that sits on top of an ironing board yesterday. It wasn't exactly rocket science to build it but it did interrupt my afternoon nap. The good part is is that she is going to a quilting retreat for four days staring Thursday so old Rod is free to roam the countryside once again. Sorry about the thread hijack.
Ok here is a automotive question. My 2008 Silverado likes to show me the "check engine" light a couple of times a year. It never lasts long enough to get it in to have it looked at. I believe it is something with the gas cap. I know that is the first thing to check if you're "check engine" light comes on. Has anyone ever cured a sick horse like this with a new gas cap? How about just replacing the gas cap seal. Or maybe I should just stick a piece of black tape over the "check engine" light like our UPS mechanic used to do.

While the old lady is gone, go to the local parts store and ask them to read any stored codes in the ECU.

Then, stop for lunch and a beer.

over9five

Staff member
Still won't work ... Can move it by hand freely... 2003 ford f150..nice during snow on way home from work

There is a bar underneath that both wipers connect to. In other words, the bar moving back and forth moves both wipers.
I'd bet your non-working wiper has become disconnected from that bar.

Nimnim

The Nim

There is a bar underneath that both wipers connect to. In other words, the bar moving back and forth moves both wipers.
I'd bet your non-working wiper has become disconnected from that bar.

Here's a video from a 2002 f150, but it seems to be the same as Ovah says so it might help you out some. Good luck.

rod

Retired 22 years
Here's a video from a 2002 f150, but it seems to be the same as Ovah says so it might help you out some. Good luck.

I think as long as I had it tore apart this much I would put a clip or something on the pin to make sure it wouldn't fall off again. Just snapping it back on won't guarantee it won't fall off again. Apparently this system is not one of Fords "better" ideas.