Car Purchase Discount

vantexan

We used to get substantial discounts as FedEx employees to buy new cars. Anyone know if that's still available? Nothing about it in benefits book. Any idea which companies give it if available? And how much of a discount it is? Thanks!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We used to get substantial discounts as FedEx employees to buy new cars. Anyone know if that's still available? Nothing about it in benefits book. Any idea which companies give it if available? And how much of a discount it is? Thanks!

Fred bought a bunch of new Yugos just before the factory in Yugoslavia shut down for good. With your FedEx discount, they're $25,995.

SmithBarney

Best bet is to log on to the Discounts keyword from work, but we get supplier discounts from Hyundai, VW for sure(I just got a VW)
and a few others.

I think the site is https://lcc30.lifecare.com, but you need to establish your account at work first before you can logon from home.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I'm pretty sure we still get out "X-Plan" discount from Ford, you have to have a PIN for it, and the same for GM, except I don't know how they do it anymore. It used to be a printed voucher signed by your manager and then show your badge.

Are you going to wait til January and get a ZL-1 Camaro? A Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang? A Mopar 392 Challenger? An SRT-8 Challenger, Charger or 300?

How about a Raptor F150? I want a Hennessy VelociRaptor 650 but my wife says it's a bit excessive. I say mind your business devil-woman...lol

Happy hunting brother, now's the time to buy a 2011...year end clearances are pretty good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's really helpful, LOL. Seriously, do we still get discounts on new cars?

We do, but they're like the discounts you get for being a Costco member...not much. Go through a broker. They will save you big money. If you still want that Yugo, Silas Potter Motors in Memphis has discounted them from the sticker.

vantexan

Best bet is to log on to the Discounts keyword from work, but we get supplier discounts from Hyundai, VW for sure(I just got a VW)
and a few others.

I think the site is https://lcc30.lifecare.com, but you need to establish your account at work first before you can logon from home.

Just saw that website posted on a bulletin board at work this morning. Thanks, hopefully Dodge has a discount.

vantexan

We do, but they're like the discounts you get for being a Costco member...not much. Go through a broker. They will save you big money. If you still want that Yugo, Silas Potter Motors in Memphis has discounted them from the sticker.

Funny you should mention that. Used to have a neighbor in Memphis who had put a spoiler on a Yugo. Stupidest looking thing I ever saw!

vantexan

I'm pretty sure we still get out "X-Plan" discount from Ford, you have to have a PIN for it, and the same for GM, except I don't know how they do it anymore. It used to be a printed voucher signed by your manager and then show your badge. Are you going to wait til January and get a ZL-1 Camaro? A Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang? A Mopar 392 Challenger? An SRT-8 Challenger, Charger or 300? How about a Raptor F150? I want a Hennessy VelociRaptor 650 but my wife says it's a bit excessive. I say mind your business devil-woman...lol

Happy hunting brother, now's the time to buy a 2011...year end clearances are pretty good.

Drooling over "Car and Driver" again, LOL? :)

Want to know how weird I am? Go to YouTube and search for Fiat Doblo. Dodge is bringing them here in 2013. They have 3 diesel engine options. Smallest one is a 1.3ltr that gets over 50 mpg. Take that Prius! Love the fast cars too but nothing gets me excited like being able to carry stuff cheaply.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Drooling over "Car and Driver" again, LOL? :)

Want to know how weird I am? Go to YouTube and search for Fiat Doblo. Dodge is bringing them here in 2013. They have 3 diesel engine options. Smallest one is a 1.3ltr that gets over 50 mpg. Take that Prius! Love the fast cars too but nothing gets me excited like being able to carry stuff cheaply.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...yep I did.... I guess I never grew up, cause if I can't hear the rumble of a V8 and get really bad gas mileage, then I don't want it..lol And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

We used to get a discount from Dodge, probably still do. There's a decent dealer near me, tell me what you're looking for and I will keep an eye out...FIAT..Fix It Again Tony..

Lucho Kaiser

I tried it about 6 years ago. I believe the general thing was that the discount applies to msrp of the car, and generally dealership's rebates/deals were much better by thousands at times, and if you were to use the fedex discout you couldnt add the dealerships incentives and rebates together with it. So, you had to chose one or the other and the fedex discount wasnt the better offer. It more of something to tell new hires and a recruiting tool imo just like most of our "benefits and discounts". In reality Ive found in most cases the various discounts are either not worth it or just a hassle. In fact, the various cell discounts (about $15 a month off for me) are all thats worth it to me...

vantexan

I tried it about 6 years ago. I believe the general thing was that the discount applies to msrp of the car, and generally dealership's rebates/deals were much better by thousands at times, and if you were to use the fedex discout you couldnt add the dealerships incentives and rebates together with it. So, you had to chose one or the other and the fedex discount wasnt the better offer. It more of something to tell new hires and a recruiting tool imo just like most of our "benefits and discounts". In reality Ive found in most cases the various discounts are either not worth it or just a hassle. In fact, the various cell discounts (about $15 a month off for me) are all thats worth it to me...

Thanks, should've known not worth it. And yet they just put up a bulletin board at work touting all that's available to us. Oddly enough tried to use it and was told my employee number is already in use. Apparently I must've signed up awhile back and don't remember my password. Doesn't sound like it's worth figuring it out.