Careers at UPS in KY

tmkirk01

I have worked for UPS in the past. I recently graduated from college with Masters Degree. I am interested in working for UPS in Loss Prevention. There are currently no positions listed for Loss Prevention in KY. Does anyone know where I can submit my resume and cover letter? Thanks for all help and suggestions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have worked for UPS in the past. I recently graduated from college with Masters Degree. I am interested in working for UPS in Loss Prevention. There are currently no positions listed for Loss Prevention in KY. Does anyone know where I can submit my resume and cover letter? Thanks for all help and suggestions.

You have a Masters and want to waste your time chasing petty thieves?

Did anyone ever see the show Justified on FX? It's based in Kentucky and it's about a U.S. Marshall who fights the hillbilly mafia. Great show it's on wednesdays at ten.

tmkirk01

I need to know where to send my resume. I do not want security in the guard shack. I want loss prevention. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steward71

I work in the Criminal Justice field and have the same degree you have. Have you looked into possible state Probation Jobs or Fed Probation. The pay is good and you get a wide range of experience. I have known people that have gone into loss prevention and only to get moved one year later into another dept at UPS. If you look at the state or fed probation you have a better chance of going to something else if you ever want to leave. You may not think this is true but the police think loss prevention is very funny. I did this and stayed at UPS part time for the benefits and extra money. You will get many jobs offers from private company's in the future if you go with probation. Good Luck at what ever you do.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you end up getting the job(I hope selling your soul isn't involved), please remember this one lovely nugget: The video tape rarely lies.

Here's another: Packages have been delivered to the woods. Not in the woods.

And another: It's not unheard of for troopers to roll in to a center with a trunk load of packages to deliver to UPS.

Good luck to ya!

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Security at UPS pays better than almost all jobs with Masters in this field and nobody shoots at you.

They keep you too sheltered in [-]Hotlanta[/-] Atlanta.

This happened at my location, while no one in LP was shot, they very well could have been. I have heard stories of LP going to do investigations in shadier parts of town, and I'll just say they were scared away.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=62850858

Last edited: