Careers within security?

DriverMD

So without the standard management bashing, what kind of careers are available within security at UPS? I know about security supervisors, but what else is there, and what do said positions do? I cant really find any information online. Anyone here work in the field? Ive got a 4 year degree and am looking to further my career in the company. Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So without the standard management bashing, what kind of careers are available within security at UPS? I know about security supervisors, but what else is there, and what do said positions do? I cant really find any information online. Anyone here work in the field? Ive got a 4 year degree and am looking to further my career in the company. Thanks
Try posting in the Partner Forum.
You might have better results there.

FilingBluesFL

I just know, when LP shows up, it's not a good day for someone or someone's.

Not to mention the undercover cops that work in the building from time to time.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I just know, when LP shows up, it's not a good day for someone or someone's.

Not to mention the undercover cops that work in the building from time to time.
My boss called me and told me to start an hour early. Did not say why. I thought maybe a random drug test. They are not supposed to tell you.

When I got there, security was waiting for me. It involved a sup, but they needed my statement.

Anyways, I asked my boss later why he didn't give me a heads up. He said that when security calls, he asks no questions and just does what they ask him to do.

FilingBluesFL

I found out a CIA guy was working in our hub way back in the seventies.
I never figured that one out.

I heard someone peeked over the cops shoulder while he was at a computer, apparently they have their own login to the UPS system, something like "copsInUPS" or something like that.

Doesn't really surprise me.

When I was on preload, I'd frequently see them run the drug dogs down the air line from time to time.