Carrying cash.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of my first stops for a long time was a gun shop out in the country. All cash only COD"s. It was nothing to start the day with 4-5 or 6 thousand dollars in small bills. There weren't any safes in our trucks--just a paper sack to hide the cash in amongst the pkgs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
One of my first stops for a long time was a gun shop out in the country. All cash only COD"s. It was nothing to start the day with 4-5 or 6 thousand dollars in small bills. There weren't any safes in our trucks--just a paper sack to hide the cash in amongst the pkgs.

Problem with the fair was, the carnies only paid in 1's, 5's and the occasional 10.

Made for a big stack.

rod

Retired 22 years
Problem with the fair was, the carnies only paid in 1's, 5's and the occasional 10.

Made for a big stack.

Another problem at the Fair was finding the right guy with the cash. It usually turned out to be some drunken bum sleeping in a ratty carnie trailer. The secret to delivering to a carnival was to do it as late as possible and be patient-----and count the money in front of them because they were notorious for shorting you. We were lucky---the Fair grounds were about 3 blocks from the UPS building so who ever got stuck with it could make it his last stop. I usually volunteered because it gave me an excuse to tour the fair on the company dime and unless it was Friday I usually wasn't in any big hurry.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-06-26-10-38-49--197153301.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special

Made for a big stack.

And the carnies were Gypsies who made a life out of cheating people. With the fair only in town a couple of days if they shorted you on a cash COD bit came out of your pocket. And it would be hundreds of dollars in small bills you had to be very careful about counting.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Whoa...gentlemen....don't start quoting prices till you've seen the merchandise. I'll settle for singles...quarters tend to slide outta my g string....lol