Carrying Over Sickdays

Not so.. I have 14 sick days so far, at the end of the year they usually ask me if i want a pay or carry them over. i pick carry them over.
i was wondering though can i keep doing this, if so i'll continue to carry over 3-4sick days ever year....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not so.. I have 14 sick days so far, at the end of the year they usually ask me if i want a pay or carry them over. i pick carry them over.
i was wondering though can i keep doing this, if so i'll continue to carry over 3-4sick days ever year....

Where is this at? Are u management?

Johney

I have never heard of this,not that it matters I burn all my option/sick days by the end of the year.:knockedout:

Cementups

Box Monkey
You should be given an option to carry them over or get paid off for them. In our building though accounting always seems to accidentally pay guys off for them.

I'm also told that if you carry over days, when you finally decide to use that day you will get paid for that day at the rate which you had earned that sick day. So in 2012 if you were able to use a day you earned in 2008 you would get paid at your 2008 rate.

You should be given an option to carry them over or get paid off for them. In our building though accounting always seems to accidentally pay guys off for them.

I'm also told that if you carry over days, when you finally decide to use that day you will get paid for that day at the rate which you had earned that sick day. So in 2012 if you were able to use a day you earned in 2008 you would get paid at your 2008 rate.
What region are you in??

Cementups

Box Monkey
I really need to trim my nails, ha ha

IMG_2939.jpg

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We can get up to 400 hours built up and any over that is paid out. When you leave it is paid out to you. Most drivers seem to use it as fast as it builds up. I only know of two who have ever maxed out their hours and received a check for the extra hours.

L

Loufan

So if you save up your sick days can you take off 50 days in a row? Or is that different from option days? I don't think i have anything saved up so it doesn't matter but i'm just curious.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Loufan, if you have a medical illness, UPS will allow you to use your sick days to cover your expenses. It requires documentation though from your doctor. You can't use them as a 10 week vaca...nice as that would be :happy-very:

Johney

This sounds like it could get awful confusing for payroll. Especially for someone who has accumulated a lot of days over the period of a few years. It seems like a great option, however it would never work for me I burn all my days every year.:knockedout:

UPSGUY72

Some people just don't have a life. I use all my sick days and personal days and more each year. As long I get my 1800 credit hours for my pension I good to go. When you retire your not going to get a bonus or even a attaboy for not calling out UPS is just going to kick you out the door like everyone else.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to have the option of donating unused sick days to an employee out for an extended period of time due to a serious illness or off-the-job injury.

We are not allowed to carry over sick days and are paid for any unused sick and/or personal days on or around Dec. 15th.

I am like Johney--I run out of days before I run out of year.