casual to full-time

• Thread starter Notwithbrownanymore
  • Start date
N

Notwithbrownanymore

OK I have a question fellow browns. I took my class back in April or may and started driving the last week in June. I did my full 30+ days before the freeze and I'm Trying to figure out when my full-time employment starts. I spoke to a union Rep and he had said because I did my first 30 days before the first freeze and worked through the second freeze that I would be considered full time the first day I work after Christmas. but I'm still not 100% can anyone shed some light for me.

PT Car Washer

Under the new contract seasonal language has been extended through the second week of January. Don't know if you are in or not but not much need for extra drivers in February.

N

Notwithbrownanymore

I'm hoping because my center is desperate for drivers i get in. I know we are losing at least 6 drivers come late January. Maybe more. I know I was the first casual for the year to get in the hub and I know 6 routes already and all the big shots like me but I'm just curious when my cut off might be.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm hoping because my center is desperate for drivers i get in. I know we are losing at least 6 drivers come late January. Maybe more. I know I was the first casual for the year to get in the hub and I know 6 routes already and all the big shots like me but I'm just curious when my cut off might be.
well jeez, if the Big Shots like you i'm betting you are a CINCH for getting hired!

N

Notwithbrownanymore

Yeah big shots liking me means about absolutely Jack.... they can teach another guy in a heart beat. a job like this all I am is just a number

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There maybe 6 guys retiring. But, it all depends on where they are in the 7 inside hires to 1 outside hire. You may be in for disappointment. It may take 10 yrs for them to get to you. Good luck

PT Car Washer

Anything like my building we burned up all the seniority PT who ever wanted to go driving. A good seasonal would have a very good chance of being put on FT.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What is a casual? That's not a full time cover driver is it?

A casual driver is an employee who does not have a bid run and is not guaranteed to work every day. Unless they are already on the schedule, they must call in at least an hour before start time to see if they are needed. If they are put to work, they do get their 8 hour guarantee unless they agree to work for hours only. They primarily cover vacations and scheduled days off/call ins. I was a casual for 11 months before going full time.

box_beeyotch

A casual driver is an employee who does not have a bid run and is not guaranteed to work every day. Unless they are already on the schedule, they must call in at least an hour before start time to see if they are needed. If they are put to work, they do get their 8 hour guarantee unless they agree to work for hours only. They primarily cover vacations and scheduled days off/call ins. I was a casual for 11 months before going full time.

Around here, we call those reg temps.