casual? what does that mean?

p25.5

I just logged on the the online application, apparently when I went in for my interview they added an application that I had not applied for but they produced it for me. It says casual pkg dvr. I can't find a job description to figure out if this is seasonal, permanent, part time, etc. everything was locked on the application except it asked me to complete policies, W-4, and so on. I did all that. So what's next? And what is casual? Does that mean I got the job?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Casual means seasonal. When you work, it will be full days, but you have no guarantee of working every day or 40 hours during the week. The extra 'paperwork' is a good sign you will probably get the job. As far as I know the casual/seasonal calendar (as agreed to by the company and the union) runs through the second week in January.

Edit: from your other posts it sounds like you are a great candidate for the job, but I just wanted to give you a heads up warning that some of the trucks do not have power steering. Just go a little slower around corners to give yourself extra time to crank the wheel.

Last edited:

McGee

I just logged on the the online application, apparently when I went in for my interview they added an application that I had not applied for but they produced it for me. It says casual pkg dvr. I can't find a job description to figure out if this is seasonal, permanent, part time, etc. everything was locked on the application except it asked me to complete policies, W-4, and so on. I did all that. So what's next? And what is casual? Does that mean I got the job?

Sounds like you are almost there, hang in there, they should be calling soon...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Casual means seasonal. When you work, it will be full days, but you have no guarantee of working every day or 40 hours during the week. The extra 'paperwork' is a good sign you will probably get the job. As far as I know the casual/seasonal calendar (as agreed to by the company and the union) runs through the second week in January.

Edit: from your other posts it sounds like you are a great candidate for the job, but I just wanted to give you a heads up warning that some of the trucks do not have power steering. Just go a little slower around corners to give yourself extra time to crank the wheel.

Casual is not necessarily seasonal. We have casuals who work year round on an as needed basis.

p25.5

Thanks, I did hear something today! I have my road safety test Monday morning...I also heard that there was a guy who got a DUI and wrecked, so they are going to be hiring "one of the street" maybe if I really bust my butt I will have a good chance! Any tips for moving forward with the road safety test, etc? I will be going to a 4 day training after I pass the road test and DOT test.

p25.5

Also I would be fine with being a year round as needed basis, I groom dogs to supplement my income, and have enough business there to sustain.