Caterpiller tells Illinois "shape up or we are shipping out"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure you would.

They are all there. If you've ever listened to Norris being interviewed, you might wonder how rational he is. Does he really think that Texas could successfully secede from the United States and become a Free market utopia unto itself? Sorry, but that's crazy talk. His credibility stems from being a martial arts expert and a bad actor. That's good enough for the Right Wing.

They are all there. If you've ever listened to Norris being interviewed, you might wonder how rational he is. Does he really think that Texas could successfully secede from the United States and become a Free market utopia unto itself? Sorry, but that's crazy talk. His credibility stems from being a martial arts expert and a bad actor. That's good enough for the Right Wing.
Ahh, get off the Norris/Texas Ranger kick. He doesn't live in Texas, never has and sure isn't a spokesman for Texas. The only reason he was given the "Honorary" Ranger thing was due to hos TV series which was pretty popular for several years. It's a publicity thing, that all.
Even though I'm not really a secessionist, if you just put it on paper Texas could technically survive outside the USA. The state has more natural resources and geographical diversity than most countries. The Texas Guard has been degraded to a point that they are merely a symbolic organization than a military unit, but it wouldn't take too long to fix that if need be.
Norris's credibility is about the same as Shawn Penn or Alec Baldwin. In other words nada.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ahh, get off the Norris/Texas Ranger kick. He doesn't live in Texas, never has and sure isn't a spokesman for Texas. The only reason he was given the "Honorary" Ranger thing was due to hos TV series which was pretty popular for several years. It's a publicity thing, that all.
Even though I'm not really a secessionist, if you just put it on paper Texas could technically survive outside the USA. The state has more natural resources and geographical diversity than most countries. The Texas Guard has been degraded to a point that they are merely a symbolic organization than a military unit, but it wouldn't take too long to fix that if need be.
Norris's credibility is about the same as Shawn Penn or Alec Baldwin. In other words nada.

Norris might not live in Texas, but he certainly is involved in their political process. Maybe he and Ted Nugent can be the co-Kings of the proposed new country of Texas. I fully agree about the credibility of any actor/actress, which is nil.

Norris might not live in Texas, but he certainly is involved in their political process. Maybe he and Ted Nugent can be the co-Kings of the proposed new country of Texas. I fully agree about the credibility of any actor/actress, which is nil.
Norris is no more involved in Texas politics than you are.....geeesh.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I don't think I've ever heard him speak, nor have I watched any of his movies. I'll have to take your word.

rod

Retired 22 years

I just returned from 2 weeks in Texas. I think its already no longer part of the US. I'm sure its just because I'm from the "North" but I had trouble understanding 3/4 of the clerks, waiters, waitresses and sales people I dealt with on a daily basis. I actually drove away from a MacDonalds drive up because apparently the person on the other end couldn't understand that I wanted 2 kids meals-one with fries and one with apple slices. After repeating the order 3 times I gave up. Crying kids I can put up with- but I refuse to put up with bad service. Speak English damit!

bbsam

Staff member
I just returned from 2 weeks in Texas. I think its already no longer part of the US. I'm sure its just because I'm from the "North" but I had trouble understanding 3/4 of the clerks, waiters, waitresses and sales people I dealt with on a daily basis. I actually drove away from a MacDonalds drive up because apparently the person on the other end couldn't understand that I wanted 2 kids meals-one with fries and one with apple slices. After repeating the order 3 times I gave up. Crying kids I can put up with- but I refuse to put up with bad service. Speak English damit!

The assimilation has begun.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is why I always go to the manager's line when we go to Carl's JR.....everyone else gets our order wrong.....no one speaks English there.

They have the same problem when Americans stand in the line at Jose's in Mexico City. They can't speak Spanish. WTF!!
Ya got it backwards. If someone goes to Mexico either visit the places where American is already spoken or learn to speak Mexican before ya go.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I thought Texas was so wonderful that we all ought to emulate them! Not?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I thought Texas was so wonderful that we all ought to emulate them! Not?

When Texan's talk, I can't understand half of what they say, and they're speaking English (supposedly).I wish Mexico would take it (Texas) back and proclaim Chuck Norris Supreme Leader. If they took it back sooner, Dubya could have led them pesky Meskin's back to the Lord and turned them into a top-notch super power by Golly, garsh darn it all. (This was the guy who tried to eat a tamale with the husk still on it).

When Texan's talk, I can't understand half of what they say, and they're speaking English (supposedly).I wish Mexico would take it (Texas) back and proclaim Chuck Norris Supreme Leader. If they took it back sooner, Dubya could have led them pesky Meskin's back to the Lord and turned them into a top-notch super power by Golly, garsh darn it all. (This was the guy who tried to eat a tamale with the husk still on it).
Now you're talking like a man with a paper A-hole. You are just making stuff up, I guess to get under my skin. It aint happening.
BTW, where do you live? or are you too ashamed to say?